Firebug doesn't load in Firefox (34.0a1 (2014-08-29))

Roman

Aug 29, 2014, 3:38:46 PM8/29/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Can't launch FB by pressing F12 or by the context menu item. This has been happening for several versions of FF.

I've uninstalled 2.0.3b1, replaced it by 2.0.3, but no avail.

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 30, 2014, 6:53:40 PM8/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firefox 34.0a1 changed an API, which broke Firebug. Please try the test build of Firebug at issue 7640 and let us know if that fixes your problem.

Sebastian

Roman

Aug 30, 2014, 10:46:12 PM8/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Works for me. Thanks.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 3, 2014, 8:37:31 AM9/3/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for the feedback!
We'll upload a new version of Firebug containing this fix on addons.mozilla.org today.

Sebastian

Roman

Sep 4, 2014, 1:16:14 PM9/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It stopped working later. (Maybe with a newer version of Firefox.)

35.0a1 (2014-09-04)

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 4, 2014, 4:14:57 PM9/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I assume your version of Firebug may be overwritten again by the not working one. The new one already got uploaded at addons.mozilla.org.

Sebastian

Roman

Sep 4, 2014, 4:28:33 PM9/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It's still 2.0.3 (updated on Aug, 13) there. How long does it take to for the update to take place?

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 4, 2014, 4:33:17 PM9/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The uploaded version still needs to be reviewed by Mozilla before you'll get it as automatic update. Though you can also go to this site and download it manually:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/firebug/versions/2.0.4

Sebastian

Roman

Sep 4, 2014, 4:39:18 PM9/4/14