Problem with FlashFireBug

Maximilian W.

Nov 25, 2015, 7:26:09 AM11/25/15
to Firebug
Hey there,

i know its not the right place to write, but o-minds is just ignoring me and i can't find any other group or place to ask. Maybe someone has an idea here :/

The company where i'm working, wants to use FlashFirebug to debug their Flash browsergames. We installed Firebug and FlashFirebug and on some pcs its working and on some not.... but there is no reason why not. All workstations have the same version for flash debugger / firefox / firebug / java... but on some its just showing a flash file in the explorer window, but not in the inspector window.

Same website different workstation

We are using the newest versions for flash / firebug / flashfirebug / firefox . Anybody an idea why its not working everywhere ?

I additional informations are needed, just leave a message.

Kind regards

Maximilian

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 25, 2015, 8:35:55 AM11/25/15
to Firebug
I assume you used O-Minds' contact form to get in touch with them, right?

http://o-minds.com/contact

I don't use FlashFirebug myself, though the Browser Console (Ctrl+Shift+J or Firefox menu > Developer > Browser Console) might give an indication for whether there are any errors related to FlashFirebug. Do the different PCs have different OSes?
To track the problem down, you may also follow the first aid steps described for Firebug.

Sebastian

Maximilian W.

Nov 25, 2015, 9:00:17 AM11/25/15
to Firebug
Thanks, yes i used the contact but i got no response for several weeks now.

There are no warnings / errors in the browser console related to flashfirebug... All PCs have the same OS and flashfirebug is working on some PCs even with other extensions , but on another PC even not without any extension besides firebug and flashfirebug. So even the first aid steps for Firebug can't help me..

Thanks for your ideas...

Max

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 27, 2015, 7:06:50 AM11/27/15
to Firebug
Even if there are only Firebug and FlashFirebug installed, it may still be a preference that is different.
So, to exclude the issue is related to Firefox, Firebug or FlashFirebug, you should create a new Firefox profile as described at https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile and only install those two extensions on one PC where it's currently working and one where it's currently not working.
If still one works and the other one not using the new profile, that it's very likely related to something else than Firefox, Firebug and FlashFirebug.

Also make sure all PCs have the same version of the Flash Player Debugger installed.
Some more trouble shooting tips can be found at the O-Minds website:
http://o-minds.com/products/flashfirebug/faq

Sebastian