Issue with Net tab data

suman kumar

Apr 8, 2015, 7:19:54 AM4/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to export  a har file using  selenium + firebug+net export.

Selenium version : 2.44
firebug version : 2.0.8
Net Export : 0.7
firefox :33.0

The issue i face is sometimes i get an additional step which appears as first step with  title as that of last step. This happens intermittently.

One thing i have noticed is if i add a long delay before  driver.get(<url>)  in selenium code  then this issue is always coming.

Any clue on this?

Regards,
Suman

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 8, 2015, 7:22:13 AM4/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

suman kumar

Apr 13, 2015, 1:22:15 AM4/13/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Honza,
 Thanks for your response. I already have  the below settings and aggregated har file is already generated

1. 'extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation' to 'on' (string)
2. 'extensions.firebug.netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport' to 'true' (boolean)

The issue is that sometimes i get additional  page in output har file with title as that of last page.

When i set Home page to: about:blank as suggested by you, this problem is always coming. Please see the attached screenshots. There  is page load with title about:blank  (first page) . On har file export, title of this page is updated to that of the last page.

Please provide some inputs to resolve this issue.

Regrads,
Suman
screen.png

suman kumar

Apr 16, 2015, 1:16:35 AM4/16/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi honza,
can you please give your input on this?

Regards,
Suman

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 21, 2015, 7:36:03 AM4/21/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you clear Firebug's activation list via the Firebug icon option Clear Activation List. Maybe that already helps.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 22, 2015, 6:31:19 AM4/22/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Can you try your scenario with Firebug 3?
Firebug 3 (aka Firebug.next) has the net-export logic built in and you don't need the NetExport extension.

The latest Firebug 3 ATM
http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/3.0/firebug-3.0.0-alpha.11.xpi

Honza

suman kumar

Apr 23, 2015, 4:31:41 AM4/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sebastian,
 Thanks for your response. I am using the below code to create the  Firefox profile and launch a FF browser from Selenium. If i set extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation to false then I cant see Firebug  in the  launched FF and HAR file is not generated.  Did you want me to change something else"

DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
profile.addExtension(new File("D:\\firebug-2.0.8-fx.xpi"));
profile.addExtension(new File("D:\\netExport-0.9b6.xpi"));
profile.setEnableNativeEvents(true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.pageLoadedTimeout", 0);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.currentVersion", "2.0.8");
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.defaultPanelName", "net");
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.net.enableSites", true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation", "on");
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage", false);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.defaultLogDir", "D:\\HAR FIle");
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.saveFiles", true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport", true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.includeResponseBodies", false);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.exportFromBFCache", true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.secretToken", "abcd");
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.netexport.showPreview", false);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.net.defaultPersist", true);
profile.setPreference("extensions.firebug.console.defaultPersist", true);
capabilities.setCapability(FirefoxDriver.PROFILE, profile);
driver = new FirefoxDriver(capabilities);

Thanks,
Suman

suman kumar

Apr 23, 2015, 6:09:04 AM4/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
what i meant is i tried with setting extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation  to "off".

suman kumar

Apr 23, 2015, 9:04:26 AM4/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Honza,
 Thanks for your response. Is there any fix done for this issue in firebug 3.0?

 I get  'firebug not compatible with firefox 35'  when i try to install firebug3.0. Same error for firefox36.

Moreover, its difficult to move to firbug3.0 as it would require upgrading to  selenium2.45 (supports upto FF35)  which is difficult for us  at this stage of development cycle.

It will be great if  you can suggest a solution for this issue in  FireBug2.

Regards,
Suman

suman kumar

May 4, 2015, 1:11:14 AM5/4/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Honza,
can you please  suggest some solution for this issue in firebug2 ?

Sebastian Zartner

May 23, 2015, 9:42:00 AM5/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suman,

sorry for the long silence! What I meant is that you should reset the activation list manually once by right-clicking the Firebug icon, then clicking Clear Activation List and confirming it by clicking Yes. See also https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Start_Button#Options.

Sebastian

suman kumar

May 29, 2015, 3:45:27 AM5/29/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response Sebastian.  One interesting observation.  When i launch Firefox from selenium :

1.It opens a blank Firefox Window.
2. After waiting for 2-3 seconds, it launches the url.

If i  clear the page activations before it launches the url  then i dont see this issue. How can i  control this programmatically as i cant have any manual intervention when the selenium  tests are running . Is there any preference to set  to  achieve this?

I tried setting extensions.firebug.console.clearAnnotationsConfirmation  to true/false but it didnt help.

Arjun Talwar

May 11, 2016, 8:29:29 AM5/11/16
to Firebug
Hi ,

is there any fix for the above issue ?

How to programmatically  Clear Activation List in firebug ?

Thanks in advance.
Arjun

Sebastian Zartner

May 11, 2016, 3:08:09 PM5/11/16
to Firebug
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:29:29 PM UTC+2, Arjun Talwar wrote:
How to programmatically  Clear Activation List in firebug ?

As far as I know the activation list can't be cleared programmatically, though if you open Firebug in Private Browsing Mode its activation is not saved, which basically results in the same.

is there any fix for the above issue ?

Didn't use Selenium enough to give any good tips here. Maybe Honza can help more here.

Sebastian

Arjun Talwar

May 12, 2016, 1:45:20 AM5/12/16
to Firebug
Thanks Sebestian,

I tried using the "browser.privatebrowsing.autostart" config and set it to true in the firefox profile I create but the Firefox opens up in Normal mode. Any tab that I open afterwards opens up in Private Browsing Mode though.. Is this issue known ?

Thanks in advance,
Arjun

Sebastian Zartner

May 12, 2016, 6:00:19 AM5/12/16
to Firebug
To me it looks like I'm in Private Browsing Mode directly after starting Firefox (testing on today's Nightly 49.0a1), i.e. the settings for saving my browser history are set to never remember it, all tabs I previously had open got closed, the button to open Hello is deactivated, etc.

Why do you think you're still in Normal mode? Note that there is no indication that you are in Private Browsing Mode when it's enabled by default. See bug 481785.

Sebastian

Arjun Talwar

May 16, 2016, 3:02:17 AM5/16/16
to Firebug
Thanks Sebestian.

Yes it was because of no indication of being in Private mode when Firefox 43 opened. But opening any new tab would result in Cature.PNG (see atched file) which has a lot of indication that private mode is on.

Also, even though this works, I'm not sure it cleared the activation list because the HAR file again had the last step repeated as the first one. But incase I manually clear the Activation LIst before the selenium test execution begins then the HAR file does not contain the erroneous last step showing again as the first step.

Thanks anyways.
The solution to this would require either a way to programatically clear the activation list of firefox start or some fix from HAR NetExport owner (Honza) to handle this while generating the HAR file.

Thanks
Arjun
Capture.PNG