Firebug 3 & NetExport & HAR

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 17, 2015, 11:19:59 AM2/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 3 alpha 9 has been released:
https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next/releases/tag/firebug-3.0.0-alpha.9

This version includes support for automated (and also manual)
HAR export. The logic has been ported from NetExport extension.

1. All preferences and logic remains the same.
2. The testing combo should be Firefox Nightly + Firebug 3 alpha 9

The main difference is that the Toolbox UI (and so, the Network panel)
can't be currently opened yet before the first browser tab is loaded.

So, here is what you need to do in case of auto-export (driven e.g. by Selenium)

1) The first browser tab opened by default should be about:blank
You can set it in the preferences -> General -> When Nightly starts: show a blank page
(or set Home page to: about:blank)
2) Set 'extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation' to 'on' (string)
3) Set 'extensions.firebug.netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport' to 'true' (boolean)
4) Start loading test case pages.

Of course there are other prefs you can set (the same as you used to use).

I mostly need feedback at this moment.

What doesn't work for you?

Please report any issues in our issue list here:
https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next/issues

Honza

Arie Hoenel

Feb 17, 2015, 3:50:17 PM2/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I will try, but according to Selenium site FF35 still not supported, just Firefox 24, 31, 32 and 33 supported

Thanks
Arie

Arie Hoenel

Mar 17, 2015, 12:30:11 PM3/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I tried, but selenium does not support FF nightly build.

José Castro

Mar 21, 2015, 2:04:48 AM3/21/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Now net export can continue adding info to the HAR ?
for example, I testing with a page like a youtube, then In certain time I need to load some scripts, but I see the HAR file and that request doesn't appears :(

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 21, 2015, 2:36:42 AM3/21/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You can use NetExport.triggerExport() API that are exposed in to the page content
A new HAR file will be created in the output directory.

Honza

José Castro

Mar 31, 2015, 4:46:32 PM3/31/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't work, I still get undefined with NetExport.triggerExport() (also the Firebug panel doesn't show automatically).    :(

Now isn't necessary to load NetExport plugin ?

Arie Hoenel

Apr 1, 2015, 4:46:35 PM4/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
if you need Har file, better to use browsermob proxy it works well on all browsers

José Castro

Apr 1, 2015, 6:09:21 PM4/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
And Can I connect to other proxy, for example: I connect the browser to BrowserMobProxy, but also I need to connect to other country proxy.  With browser mob proxy can do that ?

Arie Hoenel

Apr 5, 2015, 1:51:33 PM4/5/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I never tried this...

Senthil

Apr 6, 2015, 11:50:55 AM4/6/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
window.NetExport.trigger("secretcode") is working with Firebug 3 and Firefox 37.

Tried it today - the options seems to have changed to
"extension...@software.joehewitt.com.allPagesActivation"
"extension...@software.joehewitt.com.netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport"
etc.

José Castro

Apr 7, 2015, 3:07:14 PM4/7/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Derp... I need more coffee.
I only read the end of the preferences, I need to add @software ...
Now I can see the panel, I will continue checking all the preferences to get the HAR automatically.

On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 12:50:55 PM UTC-3, Senthil wrote:
window.NetExport.trigger("secretcode") is working with Firebug 3 and Firefox 37.

Tried it today - the options seems to have changed to
"extensions.firebug@software.joehewitt.com.allPagesActivation"
"extensions.firebug@software.joehewitt.com.netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport"

José Castro

Apr 7, 2015, 4:17:39 PM4/7/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Still getting undefined, but the window.NetExport.triggerExport('my_secret_token')  still get Undefined  and no HAR file :(

Senthil

Apr 8, 2015, 3:04:30 AM4/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have attached a webdriver test that is run from Java.
It consistently generates the har file fir Firebug 3 alpha 9 & Firefox 37.

Make sure you set values for all the properties that I've used in the test.
Also make sure that firebug 3 is loaded by the test

Senthil

Apr 8, 2015, 3:06:06 AM4/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You can find the attachment in "Firebug3 - not honoring 'netexport.pageLoadedTimeout' config" thread

José Castro

Apr 8, 2015, 11:16:17 AM4/8/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your example, I change all my settings for that you have in the example, but I can't generate the HAR file.
Also I tried doing manually, click export -> save HAR - HARP  and the file isn't generate.

José Castro

Apr 9, 2015, 10:05:10 AM4/9/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
This is weird.

Now I use BrowserMob-Proxy with Python + Selenium + FirefoxWebdriver + Firebug 3  and I can generate HAR file, also I can use the API ( window.NetExport.triggerExport(...) )
Before I using only Python + Selenium + FirefoxWebdriver + Firebug 3 with a Proxy Server ( connecting to Spain, for example), but now with BrowserMob-Proxy I change the proxy setting for Firefox so I didn't connecting to Spain, just local.

Someone Any idea ?

José Castro

Apr 9, 2015, 12:01:11 PM4/9/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I isolated the code.

And tested without proxy and I can generate HAR files.
I tested with proxy server (setting the preferences in the FirefoxDriver through profile), with this I can't generate HAR files.

This is a bug ?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 15, 2015, 5:52:01 AM4/15/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 6:01:11 PM UTC+2, José Castro wrote:
I isolated the code.

And tested without proxy and I can generate HAR files.
I tested with proxy server (setting the preferences in the FirefoxDriver through profile), with this I can't generate HAR files.

This is a bug ?
Yes, this is a bug, how can I reproduce that on my machine?

Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 15, 2015, 8:56:53 AM4/15/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Just for the record, here is the issue tracker
https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next/issues/384

Honza

José Castro

Apr 15, 2015, 11:54:36 AM4/15/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
To reproduce I do next:

- Install Firebug.Next and configuring to access API (even without this you get the same result)
- Change the proxy configuration to any proxy
- Test any page, trying to get the HAR file through export button or with the API.

That's all.

songy...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2015, 12:35:24 PM4/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Honza,
When I want to generate the har file of https://archive.org/, which is a library of history of millions of website pages, there are always some errors. I use firebug-3.0.0-alpha.12.xpi+FF foa mac 37.0.2.
1. When I generated the har files manually, the files cannot be analyzed by the HAR archive viewer, no matter the home page ( https://archive.org/ ) or the specific history pages I want to query. eg: https://web.archive.org/web/20150425114317/https://www.yahoo.com/

2. When I use Selenium + FF +  firebug-3.0.0-alpha.12.xpi to generate har files automatically, the UI looks different and the output of the home page, archive.org, cannot be analyzed by the viewer, either. More worse, no har file was generated for any history pages. eg: https://web.archive.org/web/20070802094218/http://www.google.com/

Here is the screenshot of firebug without Selenium (I have try to turn it into an English version, but I don't know how and finally can only provide a Chinese version. I hope you can understand what I mean)

Screenshot of firebug when using Selenium:

Can you have a look at it?

Many thx!

Yui

在 2015年2月18日星期三 UTC+8上午12:19:59,Jan Honza Odvarko写道:

songy...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2015, 12:56:21 PM4/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
And here is some of my code:

        // Set default Firefox preferences

        profile.setPreference("app.update.enabled", false);

       domain = "extension...@software.joehewitt.com.";

       // Set default Firebug preferences

        profile.setPreference(domain + "allPagesActivation", "on");

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.alwaysEnableAutoExport", true);

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.showPreview", false);

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.autoExportToFile", true);

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.saveFiles", true);

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.defaultLogDir", "~/project/har");

        profile.setPreference("devtools.toolbox.selectedTool", "netmonitor"); //The net panel is selected by default

        profile.setPreference("devtools.netmonitor.enabled", true);  //Net panel is enabled by default

        //set the file name

        Date date = calendar.getTime(); //the date of history page you want to get

        DateFormat format = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMdd");

        String dateStr=format.format(date);

        String fileName=websiteName+"+"+dateStr;

        profile.setPreference(domain + "netexport.defaultFileName", fileName);

在 2015年4月26日星期日 UTC+8上午12:35:24,songy...@gmail.com写道: