How to live edit inline styles with firebug?

Doug Cassidy

Mar 30, 2015, 2:53:14 PM3/30/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Here's a pen: http://codepen.io/JFrankParnell/pen/zxbZZR

  span{ color:red; }

If I inspect the <span> with firebug, using the target button, I can see that my style is color: red, obviously. Normally, I could change color, in firebug to blue or whatever. Normally, I could click the disable thingy, in front of the style, to grey it out and it should go back to default color- no effect. I cant add any other styles to it either, by double clicking and adding a style. I can change or disable the other element, in firebug, no prob.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 1, 2015, 6:22:18 PM4/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It works fine for me using Firefox 37.0 + Firebug 2.0.8 on Win8.1.

Please make sure you have the latest versions of Firefox and Firebug.
If you have them, I assume it's a conflict with another extension. In that case you should disable all other extensions and check if it's working. If it does, enable the other extensions again one by one to find the conflicting one.

Sebastian

Doug Cassidy

Apr 2, 2015, 3:03:13 PM4/2/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Shoot, youre right.  The problem is fire-compass.  Which of course, I need badly.  :(

Doug Cassidy

Apr 2, 2015, 3:37:27 PM4/2/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I started an issue, over at firecompass: https://github.com/is-already-taken/firecompass/issues/9