Copy XPath and Copy Css is not available through context menu in Firebug's HTML tab.

Yulia Ozerova

Sep 19, 2016, 8:55:31 AM9/19/16
to Firebug
Hi everyone,

I installed Firebug and Firepath. When i  click on a tag in Firebug's HTML tab and Copy XPath and Copy Css is not available through context menu. I'm not sure what to do and why i don''t have these options. Context menu is very small. I uninstalled it and installed it back twice on two different computers. Please let me know how i can resolve this problem. Thank you.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 20, 2016, 6:45:57 AM9/20/16
to fir...@googlegroups.com
This is obviously a conflict between FirePath and Firebug. Once you disable FirePath the menu entries reappear.

Unfortunately, FirePath and Firebug are discontinued and Firebug won't work anymore once multi-process Firefox is enabled (which will probably be with today's Firefox 49 release, actually). See the related blog post in the Firebug blog.

The (incomplete) alternative is to use the $x() command of the Firefox DevTools.

Sebastian