FireFox 33 javascript problem (not a FireBug issue most likely)

Avenger

Nov 13, 2014, 12:26:54 AM11/13/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Since FF 33 I have severe problems with Javascriot execution in FF...

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, even the same scripts.

With FF 32, there is no problem whatsoever!

Would you pls. do me a favor and try it from your end, to verify if this only happens to me, or elsewhere too?

Pls. try this page:

http://www.guenstige-lagerregale.de/Regalsysteme/Regalsysteme-Reifenregale-Unirack/Regalsysteme-Reifenregale-Unirack-1050mm.html

Here you see some dropdowns on the right-hand side.

If you make a selection there, you should see an AJAX POST requests beeing logged in the FB console for each selection....

My results:

FF 32 -- perfect.

FF 33 -- nothing.

Chrome is also performing correctly.

THX

llulek

Nov 13, 2014, 2:58:01 AM11/13/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Can confirem on that website, also I observed the same problem since yesterday when my FF upgraded to 33.1

Another example is jQuery plugin chosen:
http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/
it doesn't work for me when Firebug is activated, however it works on another computer with FF 33.1 and FB 2.0.6 enabled.

llulek

Nov 13, 2014, 3:01:12 AM11/13/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Update: I disabled Firebug extension called FireQuery (1.4.1) and now everything seems to work fine.

JGarrido

Nov 20, 2014, 2:09:00 PM11/20/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks folks, had the same issue, and it seems disabling FireQuery (which hasn't really worked for my use-case for some time anyway) resolved the issue!

After some quick digging, here's the issue reported by FireQuery users, and a bit more info: http://discuss.binaryage.com/t/firequery-breaks-js-in-firefox-33/2412/2