Bugs on Firefox 33

iRvan FauziE

Oct 29, 2014, 9:45:27 PM10/29/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
ajax won't run when I activated firebug 2.0.4.

please fix it!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 30, 2014, 4:44:55 AM10/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide some instruction about how to
see the problem on our machines?

Honza

Krys90

Oct 30, 2014, 11:42:54 AM10/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, in all website, when i use firegub 2.0.4 on firefox 33.
all js won't run
Thanks

David Eedle

Oct 30, 2014, 5:37:46 PM10/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have exactly the same problem.

Here's a simple example:

Works fine in Fiddle. Use this code on a page and it works fine in all browsers. Except Firefox 33 with Firebug 2.0.4.

Enable Firebug - JQuery does not fire.

Disable Firebug - JQuery does fire.

I'm slightly relieved because I thought half my site was going to be broken for anyone on FF33. But the number who would also have Firebug is very low. However, pretty frustrating for my engineering team who work in Firefox + Firebug all day.

Guess we'll have to drop back to FF32 internally.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 31, 2014, 2:56:45 AM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:42:54 PM UTC+1, Krys90 wrote:
I have the same problem, in all website, when i use firegub 2.0.4 on firefox 33.
all js won't run
Can you provide more details how to reproduce the problem?
Something like:

1) load this page<url>
2) Open Firebug and enable the Script panel
3) Click a button ...

We can't help you without such test case...

Honza

Floris Prins

Oct 31, 2014, 4:23:31 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have this problem as well. Since upgrading to FF 33.0.2 yesterday my JQuery menu doesn't work anymore. Jquery is generated by a Drupal 7 module called JQuery Menus. I thought my site was broken until I turned off FireBug and reloaded the page, menu worked fine again. You can reproduce this problem on http://moredhel.org/blogs
The menu on the left is the JQuery menu which doesn't work with FireBug enabled. Try collapsing or expanding the menu tree. This works with FireBug turned off and doesn't work with FireBug turned on. Works again after turning Firebug off and reloading the page.

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 31, 2014, 4:53:24 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I cannot reproduce this error using Firefox 33.0.2 + Firebug 2.0.4 on Win8.1.
My steps are:
  1. Copied the code from JSFiddle to an HTML file on my local server
  2. Called the file in Firefox
  3. Opened Firebug
  4. Clicked the Sign In button

=> Saw 'Please enter email address' and 'Please enter password' besides the input fields.

So the jQuery call is obviously working. What are your steps?

Note that there's currently a bug that causes the JavaScript not to be displayed within the Script panel, which will be fixed in Firebug 2.0.5. See issue 7687 for more info.

Sebastian

SI

Oct 31, 2014, 5:25:37 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Confirming that since 33.0 there is all kinds of *#$#% going on with Firebug & FF. Sometimes it'll work for 5 minutes after a hard restart, sometimes not, etc. Across many different sites (from Twitter, say, to personal private WP sites). Please advise on next steps.

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 31, 2014, 5:39:18 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The menu on the left is the JQuery menu which doesn't work with FireBug enabled. Try collapsing or expanding the menu tree. This works with FireBug turned off and doesn't work with FireBug turned on. Works again after turning Firebug off and reloading the page.
I still cannot reproduce the problem. The tree (i.e. the one with 'Maatschappelijk & politiek' as the first item) expands and collapses fine for me.

Please advise on next steps.
Please follow the steps at our first aid page and create a simple reproducible test case with clear step by step instructions what to do.

Sebastian

Floris Prins

Oct 31, 2014, 5:57:24 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That's weird, I have two computers here where I can reproduce this. Both are running FF 33.0.2 with FireBug 2.0.4. Both run Windows 7 x64. Both also have AdBlockPlus and DoNotTrack plugins.
Since I am not the only one running in to this problem I guess something is wrong. Possibly it only triggers in a certain a combination with OS or other plugins in FF?

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 31, 2014, 6:06:53 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Possibly it only triggers in a certain a combination with OS or other plugins in FF?

Yes, it's surely a preference or another add-on, which causes problems. That's why I suggested that you go through the steps at the first aid page to track the problem down.
Here's the link again:

https://getfirebug.com/firstaid#To_understand_the_problem_so_it_can_be_fixed

Please post your findings here.

Sebastian

PS: FWIW I also have Adblock Plus installed and a bunch of other extensions, though didn't stumble over that problem yet.

Floris Prins

Oct 31, 2014, 6:44:49 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I will go through the whole procedure tomorrow, it's 23:43 here so I am off to bed. A quick check resulted in finding this error in the browser console when starting FireBug:

TypeError: this.__FireQueryShared is undefined

Possibly that is a helpful hint, I will post the rest of the test results tomorrow.

preach...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2014, 7:26:35 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
As info, I disabled FireQuery, FireDiff, and FireRainbow and things seem to be running OK. Of course, yesterday I uninstalled/reinstalled FB and things seemed OK then too and then the problems recurred. Tomorrow, if I have the time - I lost a lot of time this week because of this problem -  I will add back the disabled add-ons one at a time to see what happens. I have not tried running another profile. As time permits I will try this as well.

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 31, 2014, 7:28:32 PM10/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Bingo! With FireQuery installed I can reproduce the problem. And there are already some posts on the FireQuery forum about that:

http://discuss.binaryage.com/t/firequery-breaks-js-in-firefox-33/2412
http://discuss.binaryage.com/t/firequery-now-breaks-everything-on-my-page/2799

I contacted the author of FireQuery about that right now.

@iRvan, Krys90, David, SI: Do you also have FireQuery installed?

Sebastian

ru...@ethos7.com

Nov 1, 2014, 12:50:18 PM11/1/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Same issue for me.

FF 33.0.2 Mac with Yosemite

SOME jQuery works while firebug is enabled (adding css classes), but a good deal of it does not. Anything with animation fails.

I had fireQuery installed and once I disabled it I no longer see the issue.

fireQuery seems to only work sporadically for me anyways, so I just ditched it.

David Eedle

Nov 1, 2014, 7:42:36 PM11/1/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I do have FireQuery installed.

I installed FF33 (had gone back to FF32).

Enabled Firebug, problem exists

Disabled FireQuery add on, and problem does not exist.

Looks like you are right, it is the FireQuery add on that is causing the problem.

David

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 2, 2014, 2:58:57 PM11/2/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I already got feedback from Antonin, the person behind FireQuery, and he told me that he's currently not actively working on FireQuery anymore. He may find time to fix the bug in the future, though it's not guaranteed.
Therefore I advise everyone experiencing issues with FireQuery to disable it for now.

If you miss FireQuery's features, note that parts of them are already integrated in Firebug. Injecting jQuery into a page can be done via the include() command. jQuery events can be inspected via the Events side panel, which was introduced in Firebug 2.0, when its Show Wrapped Listeners option is enabled.
Furthermore the fee-based Firebug extension Illuminations for Developers has some support for jQuery UI.

Sebastian

iRvan FauziE

Nov 5, 2014, 3:04:48 AM11/5/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
aw yeah, I have "FireQuery 1.4.1" installed on my FF.
since disable FireQuery, my Firebug run smoothly on FF 33.

thanks.

Gary Gmail

Nov 5, 2014, 9:20:01 AM11/5/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Re-enabled diff and rainbow without problems.

László Molnár

Nov 7, 2014, 7:53:10 AM11/7/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
With firebug 2.0.6 it's still present. jquery ui progressbar + firebug 2.0.6 is not really compatible.

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 10, 2014, 1:55:31 AM11/10/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Looks fine for me on http://jqueryui.com/progressbar/.
If you have FireQuery installed, did you disable it as I stated earlier? Do you have a test case, so your problem can be reproduced?

Sebastian

a.ho...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2014, 6:56:01 AM12/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
With ff36 + fb2.0.6 w/o firequery the problem exists (at least @ me).

Some narrowing: the js freeze happens only if the scripts tab is active. Disabling it (even temporarily) immediatly releases js execution and re-enabling seems to freeze it.

Tried enabling chrome exceptions and messages and got the following by activation of fb:

DevToolsUtils.js line:59

Handler function DebuggerClient.requester request callback threw an exception: TypeError: this.toolMap is undefined Stack: TabContext.prototype.getTool@chrome://firebug/content/chrome/tabContext.js:103:13 BreakpointTool.prototype<.setBreakpoints/</<@chrome://firebug/content/debugger/breakpoints/breakpointTool.js:568:21 _doSetBreakpoints@chrome://firebug/content/debugger/breakpoints/breakpointTool.js:512:17 BreakpointTool.prototype<.setBreakpoints/<@chrome://firebug/content/debugger/breakpoints/breakpointTool.js:543:13 DebuggerClient.requester/</<@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm:348:9 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:97:9 Request.prototype.emit@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm:1099:29 DebuggerClient.prototype.onPacket@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm:939:7 LocalDebuggerTransport.prototype.send/<@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/transport/transport.js:545:11 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 EventLoop.prototype.enter@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:508:5 ThreadActor.prototype._pushThreadPause@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:704:5 ThreadActor.prototype.onInterrupt@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:1528:7 DSC_onPacket@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/main.js:1485:15 LocalDebuggerTransport.prototype.send/<@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/transport/transport.js:545:11 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 EventLoop.prototype.enter@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:508:5 ThreadActor.prototype._pushThreadPause@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:704:5 ThreadActor.prototype.onInterrupt@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:1528:7 DSC_onPacket@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/main.js:1485:15 LocalDebuggerTransport.prototype.send/<@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/transport/transport.js:545:11 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 EventLoop.prototype.enter@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:508:5 ThreadActor.prototype._pushThreadPause@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:704:5 ThreadActor.prototype.onInterrupt@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/actors/script.js:1528:7 DSC_onPacket@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/server/main.js:1485:15 LocalDebuggerTransport.prototype.send/<@resource://gre/modules/devtools/dbg-client.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/transport/transport.js:545:11 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/devtools/DevToolsUtils.js:83:14 Line: 103, column: 12

---
After some console log messages sent by the webapp another error:

ScriptPanel.js line:458 col:12

TypeError: compilationUnit.getURL(...) is null

Hope it helps. Using FF-dev ed-36.0a2 build 2014-12-07 on Linux x64 - Debian 8

p.s. sorry for the long reply!

a.ho...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2014, 7:08:01 AM12/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Upgrading to build 2014-12-08 brought new messages:

DevToolsUtils.js line 59

Handler function DebuggerClient.requester request callback threw an exception: TypeError: self.context.activeThread.setBreakpoint is not a function Stack: doSetBreakpoint@chrome://firebug/content/debugger/breakpoints/breakpointTool.js:376:1

and clicking on scripts tab generates:

TypeError: compilationUnit.getURL(...) is null    @ ScriptPanel.js line:458, col:12