Firefox has prevented this site from installing unverified add-on (netExport)

Parin Mehta

May 26, 2016, 10:45:45 AM5/26/16
to Firebug
Hi Firebuggers...

Previously we were able to install the netExport add on (http://getfirebug.com/releases/netexport/) in order to export firebug sessions for consolidation.

However, today many of my colleagues using Firefox 45 & 46 on Windows are getting the following error trying to install netExport: "Firefox has prevented this site from installing unverified add-on"

Is there any way to bypass this? We've tried adding getfirebug.com to the whitelist of Add-on exceptions in FF Preferences to no avail.

OR is there another way to export your results besides netExport?

Any help is much appreciated.

-Parin
netExport addon error.jpg

Sebastian Zartner

May 26, 2016, 11:56:31 AM5/26/16
to Firebug

You need to go to about:config and set the preference xpinstall.signatures.required to false.
This is also described in the article that is linked from the Learn more... link in the popup.

Note that the built-in Firefox DevTools also have a feature to export the network requests as HAR file. To do that, right-click a request within their Network panel and choose Save All As HAR from the context menu.

Sebastian

Parin Mehta

May 26, 2016, 12:50:42 PM5/26/16
to Firebug
Sebastian, thanks for your reply. This is great stuff. I'll use the built in Dev Tool now to export the HAR file(s). Thanks gain

Jan Honza Odvarko

May 27, 2016, 9:57:09 AM5/27/16
to Firebug, parin...@gmail.com
Note that NetExport extension it not maintained anymore (and so, not even signed) and you should use HAR Export Trigger instead.

http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/har-export-trigger/

Honza