Pause Javascript in Firebug 3.0.0-alpha.9

Barbara ONeal

Mar 31, 2015, 11:40:50 AM3/31/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am running Firefox Developers Edition 38.0a2.  When i go to inspect a page that has a running javascript slideshow and want to inspect say the caption it keeps jumping as each new slide comes through.  I know that on previous version their was an HTML tab that had a menu you could pause this with.  However, I haven't been able to find the equivalent in the new version.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to actually pause the JavaScript in the new version.

Thank you.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 1, 2015, 4:16:57 PM4/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you are talking about the Break On Mutate feature. This is requested for the DevTools in bug 1004678 and will also be available for Firebug 3 once it is implemented.

Sebastian

Barbara ONeal

Apr 2, 2015, 3:03:12 PM4/2/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian,

This is close but in addition to possibly looking at the JS I want to be able to view the css panel as that is what i was trying to change when working with firebug.  Thanks.