v2.02 trace.js:55 stopped responding

Ben Record

Jul 21, 2014, 2:03:05 PM7/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I keep getting this error box. I've tested clicking 'continue' for over 5 minutes but the page continues to be unresponsive until I click 'stop script'. I haven't seen this error until I upgraded to v2.02. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 21, 2014, 2:10:42 PM7/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
What exactly are you doing?

Any chance to access your page and reproduce the problem on our machines?

Honza
Message has been deleted

Ben Record

Jul 21, 2014, 2:11:45 PM7/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, this isn't a one-time issue. This error is happening on any of our intranet sites.

Ben Record

Jul 21, 2014, 2:36:41 PM7/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, they're only available on an internal network. I realize this makes it impossible to reproduce... I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Ben Record

Jul 21, 2014, 3:06:15 PM7/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
For what it's worth, I downgrade to firebug-1.12.8b1.xpi, then reinstalled firebug-2.0b8.xpi and it seems to have solved the problem.

Sorry I couldn't give any more information...

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 22, 2014, 1:57:45 AM7/22/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, July 21, 2014 9:06:15 PM UTC+2, Ben Record wrote:
For what it's worth, I downgrade to firebug-1.12.8b1.xpi, then reinstalled firebug-2.0b8.xpi and it seems to have solved the problem.

Sorry I couldn't give any more information...

OK, thanks for the update!

Honza

Hendrick Musche

Jul 28, 2014, 11:12:13 AM7/28/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014 20:36:41 UTC+2 schrieb Ben Record:
Sorry, they're only available on an internal network. I realize this makes it impossible to reproduce... I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

I am, since the last update of Firefox (31.0). With some internal projects with MooTools code, we all get blocking errors as mentioned above, especially using mootools.min. But even with google.com, the whole browser blocks for 1-2 seconds before rendering the page.

Sigal Zahavi

Jul 29, 2014, 5:30:09 AM7/29/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problems.

Running a project on my local machine, Windows 7, in the last week, suddenly getting this error all over the place.

Using Firefox 30.0 and firebug 2.0.2.

Script keeps hanging and giving this message:  chrome://firebug/content/lib/trace.js:55

I don't know how to downgrade firebug, where will you get a previous version?

I uninstalled it and installed again, didn't help.

Please, can someone solve this problem?

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 31, 2014, 3:14:37 AM7/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:30:09 AM UTC+2, Sigal Zahavi wrote:
I am having the same problems.

Running a project on my local machine, Windows 7, in the last week, suddenly getting this error all over the place.

Using Firefox 30.0 and firebug 2.0.2.

Script keeps hanging and giving this message:  chrome://firebug/content/lib/trace.js:55

I don't know how to downgrade firebug, where will you get a previous version?
All versions are available at addons.mozilla.org.

I uninstalled it and installed again, didn't help.
Reinstalling seldomly fixes issues. Do you still experience the problem when running Firebug on a fresh Firefox profile?

On Monday, July 28, 2014 5:12:13 PM UTC+2, Hendrick Musche wrote:

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014 20:36:41 UTC+2 schrieb Ben Record:
Sorry, they're only available on an internal network. I realize this makes it impossible to reproduce... I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

I am, since the last update of Firefox (31.0). With some internal projects with MooTools code, we all get blocking errors as mentioned above, especially using mootools.min. But even with google.com, the whole browser blocks for 1-2 seconds before rendering the page.
Being blocked for 1 or 2 seconds is not the same as getting the "Unresponsive script" dialog shown in the other posts. Do you also see that dialog? If not, your problem may be solved as soon as issue 7560 is fixed.

Sebastian

Sigal Zahavi

Jul 31, 2014, 3:44:41 AM7/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sebastian,

If I will create a new profile, will it remove all my passwords and bookmarks?

Thanks

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 31, 2014, 8:29:08 AM7/31/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
No, the new profile works completely independent from your normal profile. So the passwords and bookmarks are still stored in the old profile. Here's a more detailed description about how profiles work in Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Sebastian

Mfffffffffffff

Aug 4, 2014, 7:00:14 PM8/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
New profiles don't help.  FireBug has become 98% useless for me including after a new profile followed by a complete remove-reinstall.  I suspect this has something to do with a conflict with Mozilla's built-in imitation FireBug that they call "Tools".  Tools doesn't catch js errors except sometimes.  FireBug causes FireFox to freeze for up to 30 seconds at a time.  I get no response from Mozilla on this.  A little google work shows that this is not exactly a rare problem - but everyone is experiencing it if they've got FF 30+.

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 5, 2014, 2:48:32 AM8/5/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:00:14 AM UTC+2, Mfffffffffffff wrote:
New profiles don't help.  FireBug has become 98% useless for me including after a new profile followed by a complete remove-reinstall.
Just to be clear, you created a new Firefox profile and only installed Firebug on it as described in the following link, right?
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/Install_Firebug_into_a_clean_profile

Reinstalling Firebug seldomly fixes issues as the preferences are preserved.

I suspect this has something to do with a conflict with Mozilla's built-in imitation FireBug that they call "Tools".
How do you come to that conclusion?

Tools doesn't catch js errors except sometimes.

They do, you just need to set the proper filter options:

If you have a specific case where you believe it behaves incorrectly, please report that in Bugzilla.

FireBug causes FireFox to freeze for up to 30 seconds at a time.  I get no response from Mozilla on this.  A little google work shows that this is not exactly a rare problem - but everyone is experiencing it if they've got FF 30+.
I assume you get the Unresponsive script dialog with trace.js:55 as the culprit like the initial reporter. Is that correct? Do you have a test case, so this can be reproduced?

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 8, 2014, 5:04:00 PM8/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
We finally got a proper test case, so I created issue 7621 to track it down.

Sebastian