Does the development of Firebug.next is stopped ?

David Gomez

Jun 25, 2015, 3:04:00 AM6/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

The "Mileston beta ( https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next/milestones )" is long overdue and no recent changes in the project

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 25, 2015, 2:19:03 PM6/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, sdavi...@gmail.com
No, but the focus has been on new platform API recently.
New releases will come soon and we are also discussing
more realistic beta estimate!

Honza

David Gomez

Jan 27, 2016, 6:27:44 AM1/27/16
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com
Is there any estimate of when the project will continue?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 8, 2016, 2:13:17 AM2/8/16
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 12:27:44 PM UTC+1, David Gomez wrote:
Is there any estimate of when the project will continue?

Mahks

Feb 8, 2016, 6:01:04 AM2/8/16
to Firebug
Is it of any use suggesting changes or reporting bugs for Firebug next?

Should this group be used to discuss FB3 or is there a Firebug next specific group?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 10, 2016, 6:53:05 AM2/10/16
to Firebug

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 12:01:04 PM UTC+1, Mahks wrote:
Is it of any use suggesting changes or reporting bugs for Firebug next?

Should this group be used to discuss FB3 or is there a Firebug next specific group?
Yes, this group is still valid and used for all Firebug versions and all Firebug/DevTools extensions.

Honza

JR

Mar 2, 2017, 9:18:07 AM3/2/17
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com
It's been over a year since that blog post, and since the firebug.net repo got an update. Can we assume Firebug.next is officially dead and we are stuck with it's ugly cousin DevTools?

Sebastian Zartner

Mar 2, 2017, 3:51:55 PM3/2/17
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com
Yes, as the homepage says, Firebug is officially discontinued. The Firebug.next extension got integrated into the DevTools as a theme for them. See also the related Mozilla Hacks blog post.

Sebastian

Pramod Y

Mar 6, 2017, 5:48:13 AM3/6/17
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com
Yes Only Look and Feel [Theem]. But We need real tool features such as Debugger Activate or inactivate.

Sebastian Zartner

Mar 9, 2017, 2:50:08 PM3/9/17
to Firebug, sdavi...@gmail.com
Features that Firebug had but the DevTools are missing are tracked in bug 991806. I've just filed bug 1345983 asking for an option to deactivate/hide the Debugger.

Sebastian