Firebug is breaking on previous selected breakpoint

Pm Verma

Sep 17, 2014, 12:05:02 AM9/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I am debugging the javascripts and having problem with FireBug.

My problem is firebug is breaking on previous selected breakpoints.
I tried to reset the setting, clear caches..but no help until I restart the Firefox.

I am using Firebug 2.0.4, Firefox 31.0.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 17, 2014, 5:20:34 PM9/17/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a reproducible test case for this?

Sebastian

Eduardo Sauret

Sep 18, 2014, 12:35:15 PM9/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, when i try to inspect something there's an error on the console that says "jQuery requires a window with a document" but when i close firebug i can see the website. It happens when i try to pick something with the select tool.

Carl Franz

Sep 18, 2014, 12:39:40 PM9/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem.  Same version of Firebug (2.0.4), version 32.0.1 of Firefox.

I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the code being for an event handler or not.

I have no idea whether my process is reproducible or not given that I cannot stop it from happening and then go through the process again to get it to happen.  It seems that once a breakpoint is set, I can unset it and the debugger will stop there anyway.  For a while. I think, I could set a conditional of "1==2" to get it to stop but even that isn't working now.

You want I'll send you the code and HTML/CSS.  It's just a simple Suduko process I was doing to learn JavaScript.

Carl Franz

Sep 18, 2014, 1:07:10 PM9/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
And now... it's gone away.  Was happening last night and not this morning.  I did threaten to reprogram my laptop with an axe, but it's never listened to me before.  I doubt it's that.

Curiouser and curiouser.  Oh well. If it happens again, I do further analysis.  I had thought it had something to do with setting a variable watch, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 18, 2014, 5:32:56 PM9/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
We already heard of that problem a few times, though there was no reproducible test case yet. So if you encounter that problem again, please try to find some steps to reproduce.
You may want to copy the breakpoints.json file in that case as described at our first aid page in step 5.

Sebastian

Pm Verma

Sep 22, 2014, 12:24:10 AM9/22/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com, odv...@gmail.com
Of course the problem is still occurring.
I tried to reproduce the steps from online site JavaScript files
But it is really bad, it works fine with those online js files.
The problem is happening only in js file, which I am running in my local PC.