397 tets fails for firebug 2.0.18

yugandha....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 2:20:57 AM1/18/17
to Firebug
Hi,

I am trying to build firebug 2.0.18 from source.
Firefox version: 50.1.0
OS: ubuntu 14.04(on x86 machine)

I built firebug as follows:

$ git clone https://github.com/firebug/firebug.git
$ cd firebug
/extension
$ ant

I ran firebug as mentioned in the github repo https://github.com/firebug/firebug.
In the same way I built FBTest and added it to firefox.

After this I started firebug, opened test console there, and ran tests for firebug by clicking "Run All" button.
Here out of 427, 397 tests are failing and only 30 tests are passing.

For lower versions of firefox it shows better result and result varies with different versions of firefox.

Let me know which version of firefox should I use with firebug 2.0.18, and also let me know if I am missing any configuration, any dependency or anything else.

Thanks & Regards,
YugandhaD

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 18, 2017, 5:52:11 PM1/18/17
to Firebug
Firebug is not maintained anymore for several months now, and therefore FBTest probably wasn't run for a while. So, it's likely that many of the test cases are failing now.

According to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Schedule Firefox 47 is the last version with e10s being off by default, so I assume that might be the version to test Firebug on. Though the last time I remember FBTest to run mostly without errors was when Firebug 2.0 was released, i.e. at the time of Firefox 30.

What's the purpose for building Firebug from the source (instead of just using version 2.0.18)?

Sebastian

yugandha....@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2017, 4:25:09 AM1/19/17
to Firebug
Firebug is not supported on PowerPC that's why I was trying to build it from the source.
Thanks For the help.

YugandhaD

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 19, 2017, 4:39:38 AM1/19/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I see. I'm wondering why it's not supported on your system, as the install restrictions are only on applications but not OSes.

Sebastian