FirePath extension

Amit Zur

Jun 25, 2015, 2:23:32 PM6/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
There was once an extension called Firepath [0]. It was very useful for debugging xpath queries.
It doesn't work with Firebug.next, and I wondered if anyone knows anything.
I tried to contact the creator, Pierre Tholence, but didn't receive a response yet.

Does anyone have any idea how I should move forward with getting this extension to work on Firebug.next or even devtools?

[0] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/firepath/

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 25, 2015, 4:29:08 PM6/25/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, sendwi...@gmail.com
I don't think there is working replacement...

My comments/questions:
- What's your use case, are you using Selenium?
- It should be an extension to DevTools directly (there is no need to depend on Firebug unless you want support the Firebug theme)
- My gut feeling is that having an extra new panel for such small feature is too much. It would be better to have simpler UI if possible.

Let me know if you need an example extension that shows specific part you need to do.

Here is a list of existing examples:

Honza