Extending Firebug Lite with a Toolbar

Ram kumar

Dec 23, 2010, 11:53:06 AM12/23/10
to Firebug
Hi,

I've been trying to extend firebug lite with a custom panel and
toolbar based on this tutorial[1]. I was able to successfully create a
custom panel with out any issues. But, I've been unable to customize
the toolbar. Is this possible on firebug lite ? Has anyone attempted
to do something like this before ? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ram

[1] - http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug-tutorial/extending-firebug-toolbar-part-ii/

Pedro Simonetti Garcia

Dec 23, 2010, 12:27:30 PM12/23/10
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I suggest taking a look at Firebug Lite's Trace Panel implementation:

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/source/browse/lite/branches/firebug1.4/content/firebug/tracePanel.js

You need to set the "hasToolButtons" option to "true". Then, you can create new buttons by using the new Button() constructor. Also please note that you should activate the button (that is, initialize all event handlers) by calling:
this.clearButton.initialize();

Firebug Lite's API is not frozen yet and we're looking for ways to make it easier to use. If you have suggestions or other questions, please let us know. One particular thing I'm not satisfied with is having to manually activate/deactivate the buttons. I think it would be easier if all buttons were automatically initialized.

regards,

Pedro Simonetti.

Ram kumar

Dec 23, 2010, 3:07:30 PM12/23/10
to Firebug
Thanks for the quick response Pedro. I will work with the example a
little more and will post any further suggestions/questions I have. I
was just wondering if the following functionality has been or will be
potentially ported to firebug lite as well :

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/source/browse/tags/firebug1.3.3/content/firebug/search.js

Regards,

Ram

On Dec 23, 11:27 am, Pedro Simonetti Garcia <pedrosimone...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I suggest taking a look at Firebug Lite's Trace Panel implementation:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/fbug/source/browse/lite/branches/firebug1.4/...
>
> You need to set the "hasToolButtons" option to "true". Then, you can create
> new buttons by using the new Button() constructor. Also please note that you
> should activate the button (that is, initialize all event handlers) by
> calling:
>
> this.clearButton.initialize();
>
> Firebug Lite's API is not frozen yet and we're looking for ways to make it
> easier to use. If you have suggestions or other questions, please let us
> know. One particular thing I'm not satisfied with is having to manually
> activate/deactivate the buttons. I think it would be easier if all buttons
> were automatically initialized.
>
> regards,
>
> Pedro Simonetti.
>
> 2010/12/23 Ram kumar <bommir...@gmail.com>
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I've been trying to extend firebug lite with a custom panel and
> > toolbar based on this tutorial[1]. I was able to successfully create a
> > custom panel with out any issues. But, I've been unable to customize
> > the toolbar. Is this possible on firebug lite ? Has anyone attempted
> > to do something like this before ? I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Ram
>
> > [1] -
> >http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug-tutorial/extending-firebug...
>
> > --
> > .

bigtester prot

Jul 17, 2015, 1:47:46 AM7/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, bomm...@gmail.com

Hi,

Anyone can point me how to deploy an extension of Firebug lite? I searched around in all the articles mentioning how to write a firebug lite extension. But no one has told how to deploy the extension. Is it the same way as the extension of Firebug?

Thanks,
Peidong

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 17, 2015, 1:58:19 AM7/17/15