New firebug is too bad

Himansu Patel

Feb 18, 2017, 11:45:28 AM2/18/17
to Firebug
I want old version of firebug.
Please remove restrictions for install old version in new Firefox.

I hate new version and many peoples related to my contact also hate this so please remove this.

dmccunney

Feb 18, 2017, 12:26:48 PM2/18/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You have managed to miss the memos about this? The Firebug team have
been announcing the pending changes for a while.

The restriction is a *Firefox* restriction the Firebug folks *can't*
remove. Mozilla is rolling out e10s, and Firebug doesn't *work* under
e10s. Making it work would require a ground up rewrite, and the
resources aren't there to do it.

The only options now are to use Firefox built in Dev Tools and vote
for stuff Firebug does and Dev Tools doesn't that the Dev Tools team
should add, or revert to a prior version of Firefox where Firebug
still works and stay put at that release. At some point, the latter
will no longer be a viable option.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 18, 2017, 8:33:22 PM2/18/17
to Firebug
On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 6:26:48 PM UTC+1, dmccunney wrote:
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Himansu Patel <himan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want old version of firebug.
> Please remove restrictions for install old version in new Firefox.
>
> I hate new version and many peoples related to my contact also hate this so please remove this.

There is no "new version" of Firebug. You got automatically switched to the Firefox DevTools.

You have managed to miss the memos about this?  The Firebug team have
been announcing the pending changes for a while.

The last post about this is on Mozilla Hacks. Also, once you get switched to the DevTools an info box is shown explaining the change.

The only options now are to use Firefox built in Dev Tools and vote
for stuff Firebug does and Dev Tools doesn't that the Dev Tools team
should add

To do so, please see the bugs bug 991806 is depending on.

or revert to a prior version of Firefox where Firebug
still works and stay put at that release.  At some point, the latter
will no longer be a viable option.

I've described on Stack Overflow how to get Firebug to work again and what alternatives you have.

Note that while the Firefox DevTools' UI is still not as good as Firebug's, they offer a lot more features than Firebug. So, if you decide to stay with them, make sure you read the migration guide.

Sebastian