Goodbye Firebug

alfonsoml

May 24, 2016, 10:35:17 AM5/24/16
to Firebug
You were great, I'll always remember you.

Since some time ago your developers weren't able to keep up despite their best efforts. They didn't have the manpower and then Mozilla decided to write their own version "Dev tools".
Your cousin lacked many features and the nice touches that you had, and it could beat only the tools provided by IE (and even IE had some niceties like the Changes pane).

Moving forward, your developers stated that your future will be as an additional layer over the cousin as your inner workings were too outdated. And with some Firefox update with regards to Electrolysis I had to upgrade you to a compatible version "3.0.0.beta-3" so I still had most of your features and some other stuff that I never plan to use but that your cousin thinks that it's better than sliced bread.

But now I find that you're no longer allowed to run. You're not signed, so Firefox doesn't trust you. There's no way to disable it except moving to the nightly or dev versions, which I don't plan to do. When I move from this version of Firefox will be to dump it altogether as there's nothing that keeps me using it anymore.

Thanks for all the time together. Many, many thanks to all the developers that have spent countless hours working on you.
See ya!

Dotan Cohen

May 24, 2016, 11:03:03 AM5/24/16
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 5:35 PM, alfonsoml <aml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You were great, I'll always remember you.

> Thanks for all the time together. Many, many thanks to all the developers
> that have spent countless hours working on you.
> See ya!

That was succinct and non-judgmental! Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com