Firebug 2.0.4

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 6, 2014, 1:10:52 PM9/6/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Jason Chantrelle

Sep 19, 2014, 10:40:54 PM9/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I hope this is the correct forum for reporting what may be a bug.

Firefox automatically updated to version 32.0.2 last night (I know, I know, disable automatic updates, I know) on my 2008/9 17" MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.4.
I had been using Firebug 1.something with no problems. Then I noticed my console.logs weren't looking right this afternoon, objects weren't being displayed properly, etc.
This is when I became aware of the browser update. I then updated Firebug to 2.0.4. Console.logs looked normal again, Great right!!
Not quite, when I click on a post comma console.logged object expecting to be shown its innards in DOM view, alas, DOM tab is activate but the console view remains.
This is NOT good!

What do I do here? Wait for the next upgrade?

jerone

Sep 25, 2014, 5:25:32 AM9/25/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 2.0.4b1 has also been released to update users on AMO beta channel.

Three weeks later and still no 2.0.4b1, latest beta version 2.0.3b1 on AMO. Version not approved?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Sep 25, 2014, 9:34:56 AM9/25/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:25:32 AM UTC+2, jerone wrote:
Firebug 2.0.4b1 has also been released to update users on AMO beta channel.

Three weeks later and still no 2.0.4b1, latest beta version 2.0.3b1 on AMO. Version not approved?

Sorry, there is currently a problem on AMO and I can't upload those.
In any case you can use XPIs from getfirebug.com
https://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/2.0/
(they are exactly the same and you'll stay on the AMO beta channel)

Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Sep 26, 2014, 2:44:50 AM9/26/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
AMO updated now

Honza

Brian

Sep 30, 2014, 3:41:38 PM9/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I hope this is the place to report bugs and issues for Firebug...

I'm still having issues with this release of Firebug and FF 32.0.3. When I'm not using firebug, FF works normally with no issues and uses less than 500mb of ram for 7 tabs. When I use Firebug to inspect an element, view the console, etc., FF begins to use a ton of ram almost 2GBs for 7 tabs! Then FF begins to not respond periodically and becomes very slow.  The way I have been working around this is to use firebug when I absolutely have to and then restart FF after I'm done to free up ram and have a speedy FF.

Thanks,
Brian

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 30, 2014, 6:00:51 PM9/30/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Can you break that down to a simple test case with steps to reproduce? You may also analyze the memory usage via about:memory.

Sebastian

Ales Seifert

Oct 5, 2014, 6:20:38 PM10/5/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
jQuery Validation plugin is not working when FireBug is enabled, look here: http://jqueryvalidation.org/files/demo/

FF 33.0, FB 2.0.4b1

Andrea Mauro

Oct 23, 2014, 10:58:25 AM10/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Older versions of JqueryUI don't work anymore with the last version of firebug/firefox (FF 33.0, FB 2.0.4). They were working properly a couple of weeks ago, before the FF33 update I suppose.

To reproduce the bug, download the jqueryUI 1.9.x full package from the official site and open the included index.html.
http://jqueryui.com/download/#!version=1.9.2
Enabling firebug breaks entirely the interactivity with any JqueryUI element.

On my intranet webapp I can see this error appear whenever I try to open a JqueryUI datepicker with firebug activated:
uncaught exception: Missing instance data for this datepicker

I detected other anomalies with other plugins like jqgrid and ajax-chosen

Andrea Mauro

Oct 23, 2014, 11:04:23 AM10/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I posted a bug report, is this thread moderated?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 23, 2014, 11:14:02 AM10/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the first message always goes through moderation. You've been approved
and your next messages will appear automatically.

Honza

Bibendus@Gmail

Oct 23, 2014, 11:17:17 AM10/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I didn't notice the small yellow message on the bottome of the page.
I noticed it the second time ;)

Bibendus

Isidro Moran

Oct 28, 2014, 9:50:10 PM10/28/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The new Firefox updates messed up with Firebug.  Javascript stops working on the sites if you enable it.  I have to downgrade to version 32.

Ales Seifert

Nov 5, 2014, 8:56:18 PM11/5/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Problem was caused by FireQuery 1.4.1 plugin

Andrea Mauro

Nov 10, 2014, 4:56:20 AM11/10/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed!