Pixel Perfect Reloaded

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 27, 2015, 11:05:41 AM2/27/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
New version of Pixel Perfect extension just made it into the first beta
and is available for download and testing (Pixel Perfect 2.0 beta 1).

Pixel Perfect is a Firefox extension that allows web developers and designers to easily overlay a web composition with semi-transparent layers (images). These layers can be consequently used for per pixel comparison between the page and a layer.

Home page:
https://github.com/firebug/pixel-perfect/wiki

Releases page:
https://github.com/firebug/pixel-perfect/releases

Please create any bug or enhancement requests report here:
https://github.com/firebug/pixel-perfect/issues

We'd love to hear feedback from you!

Cheers,
Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 27, 2015, 12:19:52 PM2/27/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
One more note. The extension is implemented on top of DevTools (native developer tools in Firefox)
and after some code clean up I am planning to do in upcoming weeks it should also serve as a good
(and not only simplistic) example of how to build extensions for native Firefox tools.

Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 28, 2015, 6:51:58 PM2/28/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Looks already really good! This will make web designers happy.

After playing a bit around with it, I found a few bugs and got some ideas for improvement, so I created a list of issues.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 6, 2015, 11:40:56 AM3/6/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback! Reports fixed and beta 2 is now available
https://github.com/firebug/pixel-perfect/releases

Honza

xdhmoore

Mar 10, 2015, 10:39:15 PM3/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Yes!  Pixel perfect was always buggy for me, but I used it anyway because it was so useful! Can't wait to try it!

Alan

Mar 12, 2015, 2:08:05 AM3/12/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! I have always thought that Pixel Perfect was an indispensable tool. I'm glad to see that you are actively developing it.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 12, 2015, 2:10:34 AM3/12/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Note that Pixel Perfect 2 (release) is currently awaiting full review on AMO (addons.mozilla.org)
Hope it'll be ready soon.

Honda

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 12, 2015, 2:11:11 AM3/12/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 7:10:34 AM UTC+1, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
Great!

Note that Pixel Perfect 2 (release) is currently awaiting full review on AMO (addons.mozilla.org)
Hope it'll be ready soon.

Honda
Heh, Honza, of course :-)

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 26, 2015, 6:15:44 AM3/26/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Pixel Perfect 2 final release is available on AMO
https://addons.mozilla.org/cs/firefox/addon/pixel-perfect/

Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 31, 2015, 12:42:18 PM3/31/15