need some help to fin a JS-bug as it is partly not executed...

Gooly

Jul 4, 2015, 9:54:00 AM7/4/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
it seems that solely me (FF 38.0.5, Win 7,64) has a problem with a forum-page where the line to edit my message just isn't shown.
I can write and send a message but the out come is nothing but string of letters. :(

- I tried to find the reason with the FF-debugger,-inspector, .. - nothing
- I started FF without any AddOns - nothing
- I asked the owner of the page, they even changed something - nothing

The problem must be a js-file which is loaded and which contains all parts of the edit-line.
The page where I have the problems is mql5-forum: New Topic.
The missing edit line looks like:
(The picture (for me in the first line) starting with HTML should be placed here - but I can't figure out how?)

The js-script must be this one.

How can I use Firebug to find out why this script isn't executed correctly in my FF-bowser?

Thanks in advance,
Gooly

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 7, 2015, 2:06:29 AM7/7/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you first try out if it's working in a new Firefox profile. If it's working there, and it's really not related to any add-ons, as you say, then it's most probably some preference in your profile.

You may see some error(s) reported within Firebug's Console panel giving a hint to the problem.

Sebastian