Firebug 2.0.18 deactivated

Daniele Serena

Nov 17, 2016, 1:36:51 PM11/17/16
to Firebug
This morning I restarted Firefox and Firebug stopped working: it redirects me to the built-in Firefox inspector instead.
The picture shows what I see on the bar now.

What can I do? The little arrow on the right disappeared, I tried updating anything, deactivate and re-activate Firebug from the plugins panel and reinstalling Firebug, but nothing changed.

Salih Bajraktari

Nov 18, 2016, 9:40:04 AM11/18/16
to Firebug
Yeah, I have the same problem, and I'm mad I can't use firebug anymore.
Please anyone tell anything pleaseeee

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 18, 2016, 7:16:20 PM11/18/16
to Firebug
The reason for this is described in the Firebug blog:

https://blog.getfirebug.com/2016/06/07/unifying-firebug-firefox-devtools/

In short, Firebug 2 doesn't work anymore once multi-process Firefox is enabled. Therefore Firebug got integrated into the Firefox DevTools as a theme.

Sebastian

shahu tarale

Jan 31, 2017, 3:06:46 AM1/31/17
to Firebug

so what is the solution to validate the Xpath with firebug 2.0.18 deactivated

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 31, 2017, 10:03:39 AM1/31/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
At the moment, the only way to evaluate XPaths is the $x() command.

There are requests for copying the XPath of an element and for searching for XPaths within the Inspector. The latter is marked as WONTFIX, though, due to a lack of feedback.

Sebastian

chanchal sakarde

Feb 13, 2017, 8:23:03 AM2/13/17
to Firebug
install older version by replacing existing

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/versions/?page=1#version-2.0.17   : this is well working

chanchal sakarde

Feb 13, 2017, 8:23:10 AM2/13/17
to Firebug
i was having same problem. So i uninstalled and reinstalled with lower version 2.0.17, so it working well now

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/versions/?page=1#version-2.0.17

Happy programming

Cheers
Chanchal Sakarde

rubel hossain

Feb 16, 2017, 11:05:31 AM2/16/17
to Firebug
Finally I am Finding the Mozilla Firebug Problem Solved.
it works for me. just following the steps.....

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40800173/firebug-is-not-working-with-firefox-version-50-0/42218128#42218128

shekhar verma

Feb 18, 2017, 11:45:28 AM2/18/17
to Firebug
Thank you Chanchal.

Feng Han

Feb 21, 2017, 10:10:11 AM2/21/17
to Firebug
I had the exact same issue with my firefox. I installed firepath and WebDrive Element Locator and firebug is back on active.
Happy days! Hope this helps. Good luck!

sarmad mahar

Feb 24, 2017, 9:49:54 AM2/24/17
to Firebug
Great!

Thank you Rubel Hossain my problem Solved.

Faria Noor

May 25, 2017, 1:51:09 AM5/25/17
to Firebug
Firebug seems to have activated for me after I got the Web Developer Add-On on Firefox, link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/web-developer/

Sebastian Zartner

May 25, 2017, 4:36:34 AM5/25/17
to Firebug
I want to note again that Firebug doesn't work anymore once multi-process Firefox is enabled. When it's enabled, the Firebug button will open the Firefox DevTools (with Firebug theme) instead of Firebug.

Furthermore, Firebug will stop working completely, i.e. also the button will disappear, when Firefox 57 is released, because starting from that release only WebExtensions will be supported.

To make the transition easier there is a migration guide for Firebug users. Firebug features missing in the Firefox DevTools are tracked in bug 991806, the most important ones in bug 1267303. If you're missing a feature that is not covered by the bugs blocking them, you should file one and mark it as blocking 991806.

Sebastian

tipt...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 8:42:40 AM9/11/17
to Firebug
Hi Salih BajraKtari,
I was also facing this problem
after reading some article i made a video on that you can watch

tipt...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2017, 8:42:40 AM9/11/17
to Firebug
Hi Faria Noor,
I was also facing this problem
after reading some article i made a video on that you can watch

Thanks