Firebug 1.11.0

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 7, 2012, 8:07:05 AM12/7/12
to Firebug
Firebug team is proud to announce final Firebug 1.11!

https://blog.getfirebug.com/2012/12/07/firebug-1-11-0/

Honza

Cyd

Dec 7, 2012, 12:04:40 PM12/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Firefox 17.0.1 and I tried to install Firebug 1.11.0 but received this message:

"Firebug could not be installed because Firefox cannot modify the needed file."

Is there anything I can enable to make this work?

Thanks,
Cyd

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 7, 2012, 1:53:00 PM12/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That's a Firefox bug. A browser restart could help here.
But do you see something in the Firefox Error Console?

Sebastian

cheekybuddha

Dec 7, 2012, 4:01:06 PM12/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Should 1.11.0b3 update automatically (or when check for updates is called) or do you have to download and install explicitly?

For me when I check for updates nothing happens. I didn't know whether this is because of a bug or because betas update to the next alpha/beta or even if just because the caches haven't update yet.

Thanks for the great work,

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 8, 2012, 12:30:54 PM12/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

addons.mozilla.org (AMO) unfortunately doesn't automatically update from beta versions to the final version, just to the next version in the dev channel (i.e. the next Firebug beta). So you need to download the final 1.11 version manually.
I think I already asked Mozilla before to improve that, though I can't find the conversation right now.

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 8, 2012, 12:34:09 PM12/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Somebody already suggested this. See issue 6095.

Sebastian

On Friday, December 7, 2012 10:46:42 PM UTC+1, Robert Augustin wrote:
Very nice. Now please do allow me to close/collapse/hide the
  • CSS Query Selector Tool
. For those of us who have Firebug open in a separate window next to the browser, it takes away extremely valuable screen real estate and makes Firebug nearly unuseable. There's a huge empty column in the middle of the screen at all times now that I can't collapse and the CSS code is being line-broken multiple times because the width of the source window has decreased significantly.

Sorry for the rant but this can really disrupt your workflow by suddenly appearing out of nowhere. Adding this huge white column without any option to hide it was not the best of ideas.

Thanks.

Robert Augustin

Dec 10, 2012, 5:18:34 AM12/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, I wasn't aware that the panel location could be moved to the bottom either. This solves the problem for me!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 10, 2012, 6:46:27 AM12/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 1.11.0b4 has been also released to update users subscribed to AMO
beta channel, this version is the same as Firebug 1.11.0

Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 10, 2012, 12:25:46 PM12/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, December 10, 2012 6:00:22 PM UTC+1, Vito De Tullio wrote:
Il giorno venerdì 7 dicembre 2012 14:07:05 UTC+1, Jan Honza Odvarko ha scritto:

Maybe it's a noob question but can you tell me what is the meaning of the label "port-1.11" on a issue?
It means that the patch, that is now included in 1.12 alpha (not yet released) will be also back-ported
(i.e. included) in Firebug 1.11.* version.

Specifically, I'm interested in the issue http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=6116
I see the issue as "fixed" (on a git commit) but not on my "final" copy firefox just upgraded.
I hoped to see the issue fixed on 1.11.0...

You'll see it in Firebug 1.11.1, which should be available soon.

Honza

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 11, 2012, 3:10:23 AM12/11/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:42:18 AM UTC+1, Gabriel Concepcion wrote:
Hello,
Regarding the donation, can you also accept donation thru bitcoin?
No, it must be done through PayPal at the moment,
see the Contribute button here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/

Honza