Firebug 2.0 beta 1

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 11, 2014, 10:32:52 AM4/11/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Albert S

Apr 16, 2014, 12:26:16 AM4/16/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hey Honza,

First of all, thanks for all the great work to get this new version out to the FB team!!

I have one issue atm with the focus of multiple windows when FB is up: If I have more than one window and either open FB, reload the page with FB open or close FB the second hidden (e.g. behind another application) window will each time gain focus and open.

Now I have already
- tested in save mode and the FF web tools, -> slightly redundant test, all good
- disabled all other plugins but FF -> still the same issue
- created a new profile and only installed FB -> all good

Is there an easy way to compare the "about:config" settings between to profiles? Is there anything else I can compare?

Thanks,
Albert

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 16, 2014, 9:52:57 AM4/16/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
> Is there an easy way to compare the "about:config" settings between to profiles? Is there anything
> else I can compare?
Go to your Firefox profile directory and search for prefs.js file. It contains all preferences (those displayed in about:config). You can pick files from both profiles and diff them...

Honza

Albert S

Apr 23, 2014, 6:31:01 PM4/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Honza!

The diff was to different ;) But it's not happening anymore since the second beta got installed.

Albert

Albert S

Apr 23, 2014, 8:55:31 PM4/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it's still happening. I will try to dive into the diff again and see if I can find anything.

Albert S

Apr 27, 2014, 11:35:48 PM4/27/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Just to end my little thread here ... I got more issues with this particular profile and reset it. Everything seems to work fine now.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 28, 2014, 1:45:33 AM4/28/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback! Good to hear that it's working for you after the reset.

Sebastian