Re: Need help in adjusting the content of a table in the Firebugs extension panel

Prasanna Bale

Jan 3, 2013, 1:44:14 PM1/3/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can somebody please help me on this.

I am working on an extension to the Firebug. I have a panel with multiple toolbar buttons showing different side panels  when the toolbar buttons are clicked. I have written domplate templates to render the data in to my panel and as well the side panels when the toolbar buttons are clicked.

I want to adjust the content of the panel as well side panel when I am dragging the common separator between the panel and side panel.
My main panel has a grid like Firebugs cookies panel. I could able to resize headers by dragging the separators in header columns by using the onMouseDown event like Firebugs cookies panel but I could not able to adjust them when I drag the common separator between the panel and side panel. Do I have to add events to resize the content on my panel?

I did also looked into the Firebugs Net panel's Firebug.NetPanel.updateHRefLabelWidthcode() function.

Hope I explained my problem clearly. if not please let me know.

Thanks,
Prasanna

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Prasanna Bale <bale.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

My panel has a  m Xn table and a side panel. I have to adjust the table in the panel as well as side panels when the common separator is used.
Does Firebug takes care of resize/adjusting the table when the common separator is adjusted? If so which part of the Firebugs code takes care of it?

otherwise how can I do it? I did looked in to the cookies panels headerResizer.js which takes care of resizing of the headers in a grid.

Thanks,
Prasanna

--
Prasu

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 3, 2013, 8:45:43 PM1/3/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The columns inside your table should be able to adjust their width dynamically when you resize the panel as long as you have not set a fix width for them and the table is set to 100% width. At least that's how the Cookies panel is doing it.
The Net panel uses a function for resizing the columns because there where issues when expanding the entries. Though this will probably also be solved via CSS sooner or later. See issue 4691.

Happy New Year!

Sebastian

Prasanna Bale

Jan 4, 2013, 5:00:54 PM1/4/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I tried to do it in the same way the cookies panel is doing it by adding the onMouseDown event to the panel while initializing it. but, this resizes the columns individually and not adjusts all the columns in the table. and I did set the width of the table to 100%.

To some extent the side panel data is adjusted but not the main panel. Here I am sending the screen shot of my extension and please have a look at it. Even after setting the table width to 100%, if you look into the A11y panel, the table did not took whole space of the panel.

Thank you Sebastian and wish you too a very happy new year!!

Thanks,
Prasanna

Prasu

Prasanna Bale

Jan 4, 2013, 5:02:32 PM1/4/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I tried to do it in the same way the cookies panel is doing it by adding the onMouseDown event to the panel while initializing it. but, this resizes the columns individually and not adjusts all the columns in the table. and I did set the width of the table to 100%.

To some extent the side panel data is adjusted but not the main panel. Here I am sending the screen shot of my extension and please have a look at it. Even after setting the table width to 100%, if you look into the (scrrenshot) A11y panel, the table did not took whole space of the panel.

--
Prasu

fb-a11y.png

Prasanna Bale

Jan 7, 2013, 3:24:04 PM1/7/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sebastian,

I figured it out :) . it was something to do with my css. I created a div and gave an id to that Div and specified the width in ....px  which was causing the space issue with my table width. Now it resizes the panel and side panels with the common separator.

Thanks once again!

Thanks,
Prasanna

--
Prasu

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 7, 2013, 4:45:46 PM1/7/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear you could solve the problem! And sorry that I didn't write earlier.
And it's good to see that somebody is working on an accessibility extension. There is already one named FireEyes but its quite complicated to get it to work and overloaded. Because of that and the request in issue 5929 I started to work on such an extension called FireAccess by myself some months ago, though I didn't really spend much time with it. If you find its code useful, you can use it, though.

Furthermore if you publish your extension, you can add it to our official extensions page.

Sebastian

Prasanna Bale

Jan 8, 2013, 1:57:17 PM1/8/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sebastian. Sure, we would like to add this accessibility extension to the Firebugs official web page when we publish and I will look into the FireAccess and see if its helpful to me.

Thanks once again

Prasanna

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 9, 2013, 3:40:43 AM1/9/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prasanna,

I added you as CC to the "contrast ratio" issue. Hope that's ok for you.

Sure, we would like to add this accessibility extension to the Firebugs official web page
Good to hear!

when we publish and I will look into the FireAccess and see if its helpful to me.
As I wrote in the issue FireAccess just covers the "contrast ratio" part so far. So it's more like a proof of concept. The good thing about it is that it uses Firebug's AMD concept and is restartless.

Sebastian