Filter in network tab

Geoffrey Hoffman

Jul 16, 2015, 1:57:00 PM7/16/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
To make Firebug as good as Chrome Developer Tools, I need a simple string filter in the network tab. That is, a text-entry field to show ONLY requests matching a string. For example, if I put in _utm I would only see hits going out to Google Analytics.

To make Firebug even better than Chrome Developer Tools, make it a regex filter!

Cheers-

Lawrence San

Jul 17, 2015, 4:35:45 PM7/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Many people (including me) have been requesting better filters in Firebug -- in various tabs, including Net -- for years. So far we're still waiting.

It would also be helpful if some of the filters that do exist actually worked well. For example, I can use Firebug's regex filter to search for items in my main (long) JavaScript file... but it seems to work erratically, mostly just finding strings in comments rather than identifiers like variable names. Even worse, the comment strings are shown in gray text overlayed by a gray selection tone that makes them completely illegible, and if I click off the found text in an attempt to make the gray selection tone go away, the whole found string disappears and I jump back to the main text area. Has anybody ever found any of Firebug's search filters useful? Am I doing something wrong?

Lawrence San
Business Writing: Santhology.com
Cartoon Stories for Thoughtful People: Sanstudio.com

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 20, 2015, 3:38:09 AM7/20/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
See issue #3699. Note that Firebug 3 will integrate into the built-in DevTools, which already filter by the entered expression. So when that version is released, this issue will be solved automatically.

Sebastian