How to deploy an extension of Firebug Lite.

bigtester prot

Jul 17, 2015, 1:47:46 AM7/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
As I figured out on the Internet articles, the extension of Firebug will be shipped as a Firefox extension.

But there is no one mentioned how the extension of Firebug lite is shipped and how to deploy this kind of extension which is created for Firebug lite.

Anyone could help on this?

Thanks,
Peidong

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jul 17, 2015, 1:57:59 AM7/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, bigtest...@gmail.com

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 7:47:46 AM UTC+2, bigtester prot wrote:
As I figured out on the Internet articles, the extension of Firebug will be shipped as a Firefox extension.
That is correct. We want to use native developer tools in Firefox as a platform for extensions.

But there is no one mentioned how the extension of Firebug lite is shipped and how to deploy this kind of extension which is created for Firebug lite.
Note that Firebug lite is pure web app running inside a page - with limited content privileges, while Firefox Add-on (extensions) runs in chrome scope (i.e. it can do anything in your OS).
So, some extension simply can't be ported because of the difference.

The bad news is that nobody is maintaining Firebug lite project, so it's quite hard to get help.

Honza