Less/Sass source maps in firebug?

jp.ch...@sciascia.co.nz

Mar 23, 2014, 9:00:32 PM3/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, ive tried searching in here with no luck, so Im hoping this isnt a duplicate.

Can anyone tell me if less/sass source maps are supported in firebug? They currently are in other inspectors, but this is my inspector of choice. Ive recently upgraded to CodeKit 2 and am having trouble getting the source maps to work like the old media queries did to show the less file and line number.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Sebastian Zartner

Mar 23, 2014, 9:28:52 PM3/23/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
There's an extension for Firebug called FireSass, which allows to interact with SASS. There's also an enhancement request for LESS support in issue 5961. I don't know the progress of that, though.

Sebastian

Maurice Griffin

Jul 3, 2014, 2:04:43 PM7/3/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Been really enjoying SASS sourcemaps, but for some reason FireSass currrently says "This add-on has been removed by its author."
Since I've been building some big crazy SASS/SCSS frameworks lately, this has actually got me using Firefox's native debug tools and Chrome dev tools. Which are both great in their own ways, but I miss Firebug :-(

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 3, 2014, 3:20:08 PM7/3/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I created issue 7419 to cover integration of that in Firebug.

Sebastian

Jon-Pierre Charrier

Jul 3, 2014, 4:10:07 PM7/3/14
to <firebug@googlegroups.com>
So what do we need to do to get some movement on this?

Regards,
JP Charrier

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 3, 2014, 4:25:11 PM7/3/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
More developers? :-)
Actually, it's planned that future versions of Firebug will be built on top of the native DevTools, so it will reuse their integration of this feature.
If you want to help coding, read how to hack on Firebug.next.

Sebastian

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:10:07 PM UTC+2, Jon-Pierre Charrier wrote:
So what do we need to do to get some movement on this?

Regards,
JP Charrier

Erik Krause

Jul 4, 2014, 6:18:31 PM7/4/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 03.07.2014 20:04, schrieb Maurice Griffin:

> Been really enjoying SASS sourcemaps, but for some reason FireSass
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/firesass-for-firebug/>
> currrently says "This add-on has been removed by its author."

Well, FireSASS is still on github...

https://github.com/nex3/firesass

It still works with FF30 / FB2 only that I didn't get the external
editor to work. It always opens the original .CSS file, not the .scss one...

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

JP Charrier

Aug 25, 2014, 6:32:46 PM8/25/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Erik,

Yes FireSASS works for SASS files but not Less…

Where as FireFox DevTools supports the source map thus working for both SASS & Less… Be great when firebug catches up!

___

Jon-Pierre Charrier

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 26, 2014, 7:30:14 AM8/26/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Note that the Firebug Working Group is working towards integrating Firebug into the DevTools, which will allow it to reuse features like this.

Sebastian

JP Charrier

Aug 26, 2014, 4:26:42 PM8/26/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian that is excellent news! :)

___

Jon-Pierre Charrier

Ricardo Zea

Sep 6, 2014, 11:51:29 PM9/6/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
A bit offtopic:

For those looking to download FireSass since the add-on was removed from the Firefox Add-ons repository, I uploaded the .xpi file to my Google Drive.

Download FireSass from here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3S7H2H7meSUV1dibjdiLXNZNmM/edit

Regards.

Ontopic: Looking forward to the day Firebug is integrated with Firefox's DevTools.

Thanks.