Scripts sources from @conn0.source

Matthew Pavkov

Apr 29, 2015, 2:43:56 PM4/29/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
In Firebug I see script sources like "http://@conn0.source501". What are these from? For the same websites, I'll open the Firebox Developer tools and Chrome Developer tools (in Chrome) and I will not see these script sources. These seem to appear on most (perhaps all) websites when using Firebug. I can't determine if these are coming from Firebug or not, but since they only show up in Firebug, it seems to somehow be related.

Example:
http://dev.website.com/@conn0.source501

The source of that script:

var p;
if(s == null) return undefined;
=((k&&k.hasOwnProperty("$state"))?k:s)["$state"];
if(s == null) return undefined;
=s["current"];
if(s == null) return undefined;
=s["name"];
return s;

I've tried turning off addons already. What are these scripts? Where are they from? What are the for?

Florent Fayolle

May 3, 2015, 10:59:49 AM5/3/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

They are evaluated scripts (introduced by eval(), event handlers, new Function("<code>"), ...). They don't have a URL provided, so Firebug assigns an arbitrary one. In order to assign a meaningful one, the author of the webpage should add a "//# sourceURL " statement (see http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug/firebug-tip-label-dynamic-scripts-with-sourceurl-directive/ ).

Florent