Firebase in c++ desktop project(linux and windows)

viri...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 12:34:59 AM8/5/16
to Firebase Google Group
Hello!
I want to use Firebase Authentication module from desktop c++ application (windows and linux)
I can use Firebase CPP SDK for this?

Stewart Miles

Aug 5, 2016, 11:46:34 AM8/5/16
to fireba...@googlegroups.com
Right now the Firebase C++ SDK doesn't provide a desktop implementation.  We have stub implementations on desktop to simplify development (avoid #ifdef's) but that's about it.  You could potentially put together an implementation using the REST API https://firebase.google.com/docs/reference/rest/database/user-auth for the moment.

Any chance you could share whether your application primarily targeting desktop or you have mobile implementations as well and if so what mobile platforms you're targeting?

Cheers,
Stewart

viri...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2016, 12:09:16 AM8/8/16
to Firebase Google Group
Thanks. I'll try to use REST API.
Our application is targeting android and ios, the desktop application which needs access to the firebase database is a helper application.