Does firebase hosting have email addresses?

Robert Mason

Jul 19, 2017, 7:48:25 PM7/19/17
to Firebase Google Group
I have a domain purchased through goDaddy, and I am working on getting my site all setup through Firebase, I already linked my domain, and I am putting up a "Coming Soon" page. On that page I would love to have the ability for a "Contact Us" page. My question is, does firebase hosting offer email addresses for the domain? I don't want to use my personal email address for the contact us form, and I am coming from the world of typical apache shared hosting world, where when you buy a server for hosting, it always comes with email addresses, so you can have an email address that matches the domain of your website. After a ton of searching I can't seem to find out how to do that with firebase hosting. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this is an obvious answer question. Like I said, I am coming from the world of normal shared hosting where you automatically get a number of email addresses with hosting, that match your domain. Thank you.

Ian Barber

Jul 19, 2017, 9:39:40 PM7/19/17
to Firebase Google Group
Firebase Hosting doesn't have any email service.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Robert Mason <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ariel Perez

Jul 21, 2017, 6:36:19 PM7/21/17
to Firebase Google Group
Robert,

As someone answered Firebase hosting does not include mails. You have different services: authentication, database, storage, hosting, functions, test lab, crash reportinf, etc.. but no emails.

Here is my suggestion:
* You should have a standard hosting service that provides everything including space for your web, mails, ftp services, and much more. Including DNS services that you can use to redirect something
* Then you redirect your http services to Firebase. This could be your entire domain or a subdomain. Using the Firebase console and following the instructions

That's all you need. But I could also recommend a great solution for your email. You can use "Google for Works" that includes emails, 30 Gb Google Drive space per user, and much more. The cost is USD5/month/user. (Just one user is not a problem). And it also supports domain redirection so you follows a similar procedure as before for using your own domain.

So your main hosting basically redirect to whichever service you have for each of the components of an internet solution.

This is what I made and it's working fantastic. Good luck.

Ariel

Alan deLespinasse

Jul 22, 2017, 8:45:35 PM7/22/17
to Firebase Google Group
The email issue was why I recently stopped using GoDaddy (many people have other complaints with GoDaddy, but this was what nudged me over the line). Many other registrars provide free email forwarding addresses, but GoDaddy doesn't. I switched to Namecheap, which I like a lot, but there are many others who do it too.

If you actually need an email inbox, Namecheap and other registrars generally won't give you that for free, but it's not necessary for most people. Just set up the address to forward to your regular GMail address or whatever you use.