email subscribers

colkav

Oct 21, 2013, 7:35:23 AM10/21/13
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I've also posted this in the WordPress/Genesis eNews Extended forum.  Apologies for cross posting, but I now realise this forum is more appropriate.

I've set up a WordPress widget, Genesis eNews Extended, to allow visitors to subscribe by email, which is in turn set to use the appropriate Google / Feedburner ID.

This all works, but the result is not perfect:

When a new article is published, and a subscriber receives email notification, it arrives in their inbox as:

From: Blog name (or perhaps it's the author, which shares the same name)
Subject: Blog name (or, again, perhaps it's the author...)
Email content: The blog post in its entirety.

What I would like to achieve is:

From: Blog name
Title: Article Title
Email content: A summary / excerpt , with a link to 'Read More' / 'Continue Reading'.

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance,

Colkav

Matti Nescio

Oct 21, 2013, 9:13:04 AM10/21/13

From: Blog name
Title: Article Title

Publicize / Email Subscriptions : Communication Preferences & Email Branding

Email content: A summary / excerpt , with a link to 'Read More' / 'Continue Reading'.

Either enable Optimize / Summary Burner in Feedburner, or change the Original Wordpress Feed
to a summary/short feed.

colkav

Oct 21, 2013, 10:48:29 AM10/21/13
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, thank you so much, Matti.  Resolved!

SV

Jan 13, 2014, 8:43:41 AM1/13/14
to feeds-and-...@googlegroups.com

thanks
בתאריך יום שני, 21 באוקטובר 2013 13:35:23 UTC+2, מאת colkav: