Generating developer access tokens (beta)

david

Apr 30, 2014, 2:47:47 PM4/30/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
  Hi,
  We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
  You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).

  The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev

  Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
  Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)

  The fine print:
  • Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!
  • Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.
  • Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
  • If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
  • In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).
  • If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).
  • This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.
  Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

Dan Farrelly

May 2, 2014, 10:53:32 AM5/2/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for the update here! I have a specific question concerning the search API, since it says that authorization is option with this endpoint and it's one likely to see a higher volume of requests, will it be subjected to the same limit of 250? Or will it have a higher limit/no limit?

Please let me know, I'd love to start using the API.

Dan

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:47:47 PM UTC-5, david wrote:
>   Hi,
>   We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
>   You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).
>

>   The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
>

>   Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
>   Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)
>

>   The fine print:
>
> Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
> If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
> In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.

Edwin Khodabakchian

May 2, 2014, 11:07:26 AM5/2/14
to Dan Farrelly, feedly...@googlegroups.com
Dan, if you plan to use more than the quota, we need a more detailed review if the app to make sure that the app is aligned with the spirit of the platform and the Feedly branding requirement.

Also as mentioned by David, the developer token is targeted to developers who are building applications for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone

d...@bufferapp.com

May 2, 2014, 11:22:24 AM5/2/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com, Dan Farrelly, edw...@devhd.com
Edwin,
Thanks for your quick response, will be in touch!

Dan,
Buffer

ferrar...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 4:09:04 AM6/11/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:47:47 PM UTC+2, david wrote:
>   Hi,
>   We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
>   You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).
>

>   The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
>

>   Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
>   Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)
>

>   The fine print:
>
> Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
> If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
> In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.
>   Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
>

> --
> David Chatenay
> Feedly

Thanks for this feature.

Does this grants access to the prod system or only to the sandbox?

David Chatenay

Jun 11, 2014, 11:47:48 AM6/11/14
to ferrar...@gmail.com, feedly...@googlegroups.com
  Hi Marco,
  This grants access to the prod system (cloud.feedly.com). It also works on sandbox, but it was primarily designed for cloud.feedly.com.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

deve...@myrsspal.com

Jun 15, 2014, 3:26:55 PM6/15/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Thank you for the developer's tokens.

I'm not getting the email generated/received when clicking the link:
https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev

I may have had issues on my end the first time it sent the email.
I'm assuming re-hitting the link and it saying it's sent the email each time,
that an email should be generated each time?

Meaning what can I do to get it to generate another email if I didn't get the first?

Thank you.

david

Jun 15, 2014, 10:15:40 PM6/15/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com, deve...@myrsspal.com
  Hi,
  Yes, if you go through the login flow again, we'll send a new email.
  Regards.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

Andy24

Jul 15, 2014, 1:07:01 PM7/15/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com, deve...@myrsspal.com
Hi, david. I tryed this token, pass to the sandbox request header, but server returned 401, is it designed for cloud feedly only? Not for sandbox? Or pro account only now?

在 2014年6月16日星期一UTC+8上午10时15分40秒,david写道:

David Chatenay

Jul 15, 2014, 1:49:10 PM7/15/14
to Andy24, feedly...@googlegroups.com, deve...@myrsspal.com
  Hi,
  If you generated a dev token on feedly.com/v3/auth/dev, it'll only work on cloud.feedly.com.
  Conversely, a dev token generated on sandbox.feedly.com/v3/auth/dev will only work on sandbox.feedly.com.
  Hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

sebastie...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2014, 12:07:01 PM7/17/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I tried to authentication on https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev using both google and facebook but I didn't received any email

Sébastien
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:47:47 PM UTC+2, david wrote:
>   Hi,
>   We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
>   You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).
>

>   The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
>

>   Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
>   Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)
>

>   The fine print:
>
> Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
> If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
> In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.

david

Jul 21, 2014, 6:54:24 PM7/21/14
to feedly...@googlegroups.com, sebastie...@gmail.com
  Hi Sebastien,
  I'm sorry it's not working for you. Would you mind emailing me (da...@feedly.com) your feedly userId? Also, can you check your spam folder? (although that would be surprising).

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

mailmm...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2015, 9:12:33 AM1/4/15
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:47:47 PM UTC+2, david wrote:
>   Hi,
>   We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
>   You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).
>

>   The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
>

>   Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
>   Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)
>

>   The fine print:
>
> Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
> If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
> In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.
>   Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
>

> --
> David Chatenay
> Feedly

Dear Feedly-Team,

i also have a problem when trying to receive an access token.

After login with my Google credentials I receive my user ID but there is no email send to me.

Thanks for your help and time!

Best regards,
Mario

amandee...@internetbrands.com

Mar 3, 2015, 2:25:55 PM3/3/15
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:47:47 AM UTC-7, david wrote:
>   Hi,
>   We're introducing a new way to generate access tokens. Our goal is to make it easier to get started with feedly cloud APIs, and let you build personal applications without an API key or a full OAuth integration.
>   You can now generate developer access tokens from your browser, and use them to call feedly cloud APIs. Developer tokens have a long expiration (3 months instead of one week).
>

>   The URL to get started is https://feedly.com/v3/auth/dev
>

>   Once you've logged in, a link to access your developer token will be sent to your account's email address (or in a Direct Message if you use Twitter).
>   Developer tokens can be passed in the "Authorization" request header like regular access tokens (see http://developer.feedly.com/v3/#authentication)
>

>   The fine print:
>
> Developer tokens are for personal use only. Do not share them!Developer tokens cannot be extended. You will need to generate a new token once it expires.Developer tokens have a rate limit of 250 API calls per day (the counter reset at midnight GMT). The server will return the current number of API calls made in the "X-Ratelimit-Count" response header.
> If you intend to distribute your application, you must get an API key and build an OAuth integration. Please do not try to build a login flow using developer tokens...
> In order to use the Evernote, Pocket, or OneNote APIs, you'll need to use the feedly web client to link your account first (and a feedly pro account).If you upgrade to feedly pro, you will need to generate new developer tokens (the existing tokens will not give you access to pro-only features).This is a beta feature, free for now. We might make it pro-only in the future.
>   Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
>

> --
> David Chatenay
> Feedly

Hey David,
I am trying to get the list of all articles under category travel. The same list as I see under this url "https://feedly.com/i/category/Travel" in json format.

This is what I am doing :-
curl -H "Authorization: OAuth <access token>" 'http://sandbox.feedly.com/v3/categories/user/<user id>/category/travel'.

The response I get is []. Is there something that i am doing wrong ?

Thank you,
Aman.

David Chatenay

Mar 3, 2015, 2:36:19 PM3/3/15
to amandee...@internetbrands.com, feedly...@googlegroups.com
  hi Aman,
  Sandbox uses its own database and does not share the database from feedly.com.
  If you generated a Developer Token, you can use it directly on http//cloud.feedly.com/: you are not restricted to sandbox.
  Hope this helps.

--
David Chatenay
Feedly

miguelna...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2015, 3:04:00 PM4/29/15
to feedly...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
i do not know how to use the auth token,
I'm trying to connect using developer token, and get this:

string(115) " { "errorCode":401, "errorId":"ap4-sv2.2015042912.47935", "errorMessage":"must provide authorization token" } "

Now, i did get the USER ID like this:

Congratulations, you have successfully logged in with Twitter.
Your user id is f7fa20df-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

A direct message was sent to smallworldsoc

David Chatenay

Apr 29, 2015, 3:07:58 PM4/29/15
to miguelna...@gmail.com, feedly...@googlegroups.com
  Hi Miguel,
  You should have received a direct message in Twitter, containing a link to retrieve your token. That token needs to be passed in the "Authorization" header when you make requests to feedly APIs:

curl -H "Authorization: OAuth [your token]" https://cloud.feedly.com/v3/profile

  This page has more details:
  Hope this helps.

--