InternalAuditor severe error using fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-audit-4.5.1-RC-2.war

Jim Coble

Apr 12, 2016, 9:15:43 AM4/12/16
to Fedora Tech
We have deployed fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-audit-4.5.1-RC-2.war in our development environment (Tomcat 7.0.54, Java 1.8.0_71-b15).

When I create a new object in the repository, I get the following error in Tomcat's catalina.out file:

Apr 12, 2016 8:54:08 AM com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus$LoggingSubscriberExceptionHandler handleException

SEVERE: Could not dispatch event: org.fcrepo.audit.InternalAuditor@55dbd464 to public void org.fcrepo.audit.InternalAuditor.recordEvent(org.fcrepo.kernel.api.observer.FedoraEvent)

As near as I can tell, objects are being created in the repository 'audit' container that we configured, and I have observed no ill effects of this error (though, of course, that doesn't mean that are aren't any).  But we seem to be getting this SEVERE error anytime we create an object.  (FWIW, I'm pretty sure we were getting the same error with fcrepo-webapp-plus-webac-audit-4.5.1-RC-1.war.)

We're running Tomcat with the following JAVA_OPTS (mysql password x'ed out) ...

JAVA_OPTS="-Dfcrepo.home=/srv/perkins/fcrepo\

 -Dsolr.solr.home=/srv/perkins/solr/solr\

 -Dfcrepo.audit.container=/audit\

 -Djava.awt.headless=true\

 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8\

 -Dfcrepo.modeshape.configuration=classpath:/config/jdbc-mysql/repository.json\

 -Dfcrepo.ispn.mysql.username=fedora\

 -Dfcrepo.ispn.mysql.password=xxxxxxxxxxxxx\

 -server\

 -Xms1g\

 -Xmx8g\

 -Xloggc:/net/oit-nas-fe01.oit.duke.edu/TUCASI-DEV/fedora-work/dev-java-gc.log\

 -XX:NewSize=256m\

 -XX:MaxNewSize=256m\

 -XX:MetaspaceSize=256m\

 -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m\

 -XX:+UseG1GC\

 -XX:+PrintGCDetails\

 -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps\

 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC"

--Jim Coble
Digital Repository Services
Duke University Libraries

Esmé Cowles

Apr 12, 2016, 11:29:35 AM4/12/16
to fedor...@googlegroups.com
Jim-

I'm out on vacation today, but I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

-Esmé

Esmé Cowles

Apr 13, 2016, 11:07:30 AM4/13/16
to fedor...@googlegroups.com
Jim-

I tracked this down to a bug in the code that checks events to make sure something actually changed (other than the lastModified date), and it's a very easy fix. I made a JIRA issue to keep track of it: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1988

Thanks a lot for finding that bug!

-Esmé

Andrew Woods

Apr 14, 2016, 8:29:39 PM4/14/16
to fedor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jim,
You probably noticed that Esmé fixed this issue... which you will be able to verify in the coming 4.5.1-RC-3.
Thanks,
Andrew

Jim Coble

Apr 15, 2016, 8:06:32 AM4/15/16