Performance and Scalability - May 2016

Esmé Cowles

May 25, 2016, 5:35:45 PM5/25/16
to fedora-community, Fedora Tech
The Performance and Scalability group has been meeting over the last few months, and thought it was a good time to report out on what we've been up to:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Performance+and+Scalability+Report+-+May+2016

The highlights:

* Creating test scenarios and JMeter testing plans to test them
* Running several of the test plans by several different institutions
* Planning for additional test runs, profiling to identify performance bottlenecks, and testing upcoming changes like Modeshape 5.

The next Performance and Scale meeting will be 6/24 at 2pm EDT (stub agenda here will be fleshed out before then: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-06-24+Performance+-+Scale+meeting). We would definitely welcome feedback, questions, and of course more volunteers to run test plans!

-Esmé

Yinlin

May 26, 2016, 12:30:19 PM5/26/16
to Fedora Tech, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com

I have a question about Test 3 report, in [1] Test3 - Number of files
  1. Load different files with POST requests at the top of the repository ranging between 10KB and 100KB
Shouldn't be -Dfilesize_min=10000 ?

I create a PR[2] to update [3] readme

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Performance+and+Scalability+Test+Plans#PerformanceandScalabilityTestPlans-Test4-Numberofcontainers-default
[2] https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-jmeter/pull/5
[3] https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-jmeter

Andrew Woods

May 26, 2016, 3:38:33 PM5/26/16
to fedor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pull-request, Yinlin. Your command works as detailed in the test description.
Andrew