[Import/Export] Phase 2; BagIt support planning

Nick Ruest

Sep 26, 2016, 7:01:48 PM9/26/16
to Esmé Cowles, Benjamin Armintor, Michael Durbin (md5wz), Joshua Westgard, Noh, Youn, Mark Jordan, Michael Giarlo, Jon Stroop, Karen Estlund, Jim Tuttle, Andrew Woods, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'd like to start scheduling meetings for Phase 2; BagIt support
planning. I've created three Doodle polls below, just in-case we need
three meetings to sort this out.

Import/Export - Bagit Design - Meeting 01
http://doodle.com/poll/u4vnzkzcrzdpd4w5

Import/Export - Bagit Design - Meeting 02
http://doodle.com/poll/f2m8gtknr3ssv78p

Import/Export - Bagit Design - Meeting 03
http://doodle.com/poll/rkc4r3spdg3nb53d

Additionally, we have tentatively blocked off December 5-16, 2016 for
the Phase 2 sprint. As was the case previously, we will need:

* Developers; ideally 2-3
* Testers and validators; ideally 2-4
* Documentation; ideally 1-3

If you can contribute resources to the Phase 2 sprint, please let me know.

cheers!

-nruest

Andrew Woods

Sep 27, 2016, 10:04:57 AM9/27/16
to Nick Ruest, Esmé Cowles, Benjamin Armintor, Michael Durbin (md5wz), Joshua Westgard, Noh, Youn, Mark Jordan, Michael Giarlo, Jon Stroop, Karen Estlund, Jim Tuttle, fedora-community
Thanks, Nick.
When will you be closing these Doodle polls?
Andrew

Nick Ruest

Sep 27, 2016, 11:17:49 AM9/27/16
to Andrew Woods, Esmé Cowles, Benjamin Armintor, Michael Durbin (md5wz), Joshua Westgard, Noh, Youn, Mark Jordan, michael...@stanford.edu, Jon Stroop, Karen Estlund, Jim Tuttle, fedora-community
Good question Andrew!

I will close them at 4PM EST on Friday, October 7, 2016.

-nruest

Harshakumar Ummerpillai

Sep 27, 2016, 3:24:07 PM9/27/16
to Fedora Community, esco...@princeton.edu, ba2...@columbia.edu, md...@virginia.edu, west...@umd.edu, youn...@yale.edu, mjo...@sfu.ca, mic...@psu.edu, jst...@princeton.edu, km...@psu.edu, jim.t...@duke.edu, awo...@duraspace.org
Hello Nick,
    This may be a very late question, can you please share if any documentation of export/import features already implemented. I would like to participate in the discussion if possible.

Thanks
Harsha

Nick Ruest

Sep 27, 2016, 3:51:22 PM9/27/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harsha,

There is a summary that was sent out yesterday:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/fedora-community/_f5sT0Z0UVI/lqsm0zUqAQAJ

cheers!

-nruest

Andrew Woods

Oct 10, 2016, 4:33:32 PM10/10/16
to Nick Ruest, Joshua Westgard, Michael Durbin (md5wz), Benjamin Armintor, Noh, Youn, Mark Jordan, Jim Tuttle, Karen Estlund, Jon Stroop, Michael Giarlo, Esmé Cowles, fedora-community
Thank you everyone for participating in the Doodle poll.

The following dates have been finalized. Please add them to your calendars and stay tuned for meeting details:
***
Monday, October 31st, 12-1PM EST
Monday, November 7th, 10-11AM EST
Monday, November 14th, 10-11AM EST
***

As previously mentioned, we have tentatively blocked off December 5-16, 2016 for the Phase 2 sprint. We will need:
  * Developers; ideally 2-3
  * Testers and validators; ideally 2-4
  * Documentation; ideally 1-3

If you can contribute resources to the Phase 2 sprint, please let Nick Ruest know.
Regards,
Andrew

Nick Ruest

Oct 28, 2016, 11:35:51 AM10/28/16
to fedora-c...@googlegroups.com, west...@umd.edu, md...@virginia.edu, ba2...@columbia.edu, youn...@yale.edu, jim.t...@duke.edu, km...@psu.edu, jst...@princeton.edu, Mike Giarlo, Esmé Cowles
Hi all,

Just a reminder that our first Phase 2 planning call will be happening
this coming Monday, October 31st, at 12PM ET.

A _very_ draft agenda -- that I will finish fleshing out later today --
is available here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2016-10-31+-+Import-Export+Planning+Meeting

We also have tentatively blocked off December 5-16, 2016 for the Phase 2
sprint. So far we have one developer, and two people for testing,
validation, and documentation. We will need at least one more developer,
and ideally 1 or two more people for for testing, validation, and
documentation.

cheers!

-nruest

west...@umd.edu

Oct 31, 2016, 1:23:55 PM10/31/16
to Fedora Community, esco...@princeton.edu, ba2...@columbia.edu, md...@virginia.edu, west...@umd.edu, youn...@yale.edu, mjo...@sfu.ca, mic...@psu.edu, jst...@princeton.edu, km...@psu.edu, jim.t...@duke.edu, awo...@duraspace.org
The minutes for the first planning meeting of Import/Export Phase 2 have been posted on the agenda page:

Corrections or additions to the minutes by anyone who was present at the meeting are most welcome.

Josh