Re: How do I uninstall EasyTether drivers on a Mac with OS 10.8?

Kevin Ko

Aug 14, 2012, 11:10:33 PM8/14/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com, gmp...@gmail.com
Hi, Grace.

I'll help you out, or I'll give you a refund.

I'm away from my OS X 10.8 machine at the moment, but I'll take a look at what needs to be done to remove EasyTether's driver manually and let you know soon.

That being said, Klink's Mac software should now coexist peacefully with EasyTether, since it unloads EasyTether's software whenever it is run.

Could you tell me what sort of error you're getting?  For example, are pages not loading up?  Is your phone not being detected?

In the mean time, could you try the following?

- First, double check the following setting on your phone:
  * Go to Settings on your phone.
  * Go to Locations and Security.  ("Security" if you have Android 4.0)
  * If you see a "Disable USB debugging mode" option, please turn it OFF, as this option shuts off your phone's USB connection when the screen turns off.

- Then, run Klink on your phone, and tap the Start button.  Be sure to follow any instructions for enabling USB debugging mode if asked.

- Connect your phone to your Mac.  If you're asked about the USB connection mode, please select "Charge only".  Do not select a USB storage mode, as most Samsung devices turn off USB debugging when in USB storage mode.

You can check this by pulling down the notification pane on your phone by swiping from top to bottom.  There, you should see at least one notification item "USB debugging enabled".  If you don't see that but do see a "USB connected" item, tap on it, and choose the charging only mode.

- Finally, run Klink on your Mac.

Does Klink then see your phone and connect properly?

Also, if you're redirected to a tethering info page from your carrier, you'll probably want to adjust the following setting within Klink:

- Tap on "Mimic Mobile Device"
- Choose Yes to enable.
- When asked about the User Agent Override feature, choose "Yes" to enable.
- Finally, try "Opera (Desktop)".

Please let me know how it goes!  I'll try to get you info on removing EasyTether's driver for 10.8 sometime tomorrow.

Kevin

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Grace <gmp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Phone: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Computer: MacBook Air with OS 10.8

I have not been able to successfully to the internet using Klink (Blue), which I just purchased today.  I saw the notes regarding installation and made sure to uninstall PdaNet.  I had also downloaded EasyTether recently, so I wanted to uninstall that, too.  However, the instructions on your website do not work with OS 10.8.

Please help.

Kevin Ko

Aug 14, 2012, 11:35:11 PM8/14/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Just following up...  Grace found out that the problem was just due to some unfamiliarity with her new Macbook.

Still, the suggestions still hold for most devices.

Kevin

Kevin Ko

Nov 30, 2012, 3:10:34 PM11/30/12
to favese...@googlegroups.com, aqua...@gmail.com
Hi, Enki.

Klink is not related to EasyTether, so this might not be the best place for your question.  I'll assume that you've been trying out Klink and ET, since that makes the most sense here.

Are you trying to use Klink in place of ET?  If so, you should just need to install Klink's Mac software.  Nowadays, Klink will coexist peacefully with ET by temporarily unloading ET's driver.

If you'd like to run ET after using Klink's Mac software, just restart your Mac, and ET's driver will be loaded automatically as if Klink never existed.

Now, if you'd like to completely uninstall ET from your Mac, you'll have to manually remove ET's driver, which you can do as follows:

Open up the Finder.
- Click on your Mac's hard drive in the left pane.
- You should see a short list of folders. Open the one titled "System".
- Open "Library".
- Open "Extensions".
- Look for the file named "EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext", and drag it to the trash. Your computer might ask for your authorization, so confirm the action.
- Restart your computer to clear all traces of EasyTether's driver from memory.
- NOTE: You may reverse these changes at any time by re-running EasyTether's installation process.

Does that clear things up?

Kevin

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM, enki sumer <aqua...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kevin,
I have not been able to get EasyTether to display as a network option on apple 10.8, and thus I cannot get easytether to work. Could you please provide easytether uninstall instructions.
Thank you.
-Enki

ics 4.0.4
easytether 1.1.4