Problem with glid parameter tags in Farcry 3

gorl...@rentsmart.com.au

Jun 22, 2011, 10:57:20 PM6/22/11
to farcry-user
hi,

I have been tasked with trying to resolve an issue with Farcry 3. We
are trying to enable support of ?gclid= tags as At present we are
recieving 410-gone header responses instead of a proper ‘200 – OK’
response when we attempt to use the ? parameter. this is affecting
our ability to use adwords tagging.

I think this is related to our go.cfm file but am unsure of how to
resolve this error.

has anyone done this with Farcry3?

cheers.

Gavin

AJ Mercer

Jun 23, 2011, 12:45:50 AM6/23/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
try
&gclid= tags

AJ Mercer
<webonix:net strength="Industrial" /> | <webonix:org community="Open" />
http://twitter.com/webonix

gorl...@rentsmart.com.au

Jun 23, 2011, 12:53:20 AM6/23/11
to farcry-user
hi AJ,

It works with the & but would also like it to work with the ?

thanks in advance,

Gavin

On Jun 23, 12:45 pm, AJ Mercer <ajmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> try
> &gclid= tags
>
> On 23 June 2011 10:57, gorli...@rentsmart.com.au
> <gorli...@rentsmart.com.au>wrote:
>

> > hi,
>
> > I have been tasked with trying to resolve an issue with Farcry 3.  We
> > are trying to enable support of ?gclid= tags as At present we are
> > recieving 410-gone header responses instead of a proper ‘200 – OK’
> > response when we attempt to use the ? parameter.  this is affecting
> > our ability to use adwords tagging.
>
> > I think this is related to our go.cfm file but am unsure of how to
> > resolve this error.
>
> > has anyone done this with Farcry3?
>
> > cheers.
>
> > Gavin
>
> > --
>
> --
>
> *AJ Mercer*
> <webonix:net strength="Industrial" /> <http://webonix.net> | <webonix:org
> community="Open" /> <http://webonix.org>http://twitter.com/webonix
> Railo Community Manager <http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/community/team/>

AJ Mercer

Jun 23, 2011, 1:28:27 AM6/23/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
not sure if it will work in v3 (might be a v 5/6 thing)
but try appending
/gclid/tags
to the URL

gorl...@rentsmart.com.au

Jun 23, 2011, 2:23:40 AM6/23/11
to farcry-user
that did not work for me.

On Jun 23, 1:28 pm, AJ Mercer <ajmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> not sure if it will work in v3 (might be a v 5/6 thing)
> but try appending
> /gclid/tags
> to the URL
>
> On 23 June 2011 12:53, gorli...@rentsmart.com.au

Sean Coyne

Jun 23, 2011, 9:44:30 AM6/23/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Are you using Friendly URLs?  Most likely you will have to alter the mod_rewrite rule you are using.  Post your rewrite rule and we can try to help.  You can also get some additional information on the rewrite rules, especially as they relate to query string parameters at the wiki.  https://farcry.jira.com/wiki/display/FCDEV30/Friendly+URL+Configuration

Gavin Orlicki

Jun 23, 2011, 12:46:54 AM6/23/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com

That works fine.

Sean Coyne

Jun 24, 2011, 7:49:14 AM6/24/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Try RewriteRule /go/([^\?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /go.cfm\?path=/go/$1&$2 [I,L,R]

Untested, but I think it will work, if not, go back to your rule and we can try something else.

On Jun 24, 2011, at 2:31 AM, gorl...@rentsmart.com.au wrote:

utilising Isapirewrite4

RewriteRule ^/us/go/(.*)$ /us/go.cfm?path=/go/$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/go/(.*)$ /go.cfm?path=/go/$1 [L,PT]

cheers

gorl...@rentsmart.com.au

Jul 1, 2011, 2:05:44 AM7/1/11
to farcry-user
hi this is no good.... tried this rule and it seems to add lots of
&&&'s on the end of the url ending with bad redirector message. Any
other thoughts?

cheers

Gavin

On Jun 24, 7:49 pm, Sean Coyne <coyne.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try RewriteRule /go/([^\?]*)(?:\?(.*))? /go.cfm\?path=/go/$1&$2 [I,L,R]
>
> Untested, but I think it will work, if not, go back to your rule and we can
> try something else.

Uwe Degenhardt

Nov 7, 2011, 12:16:12 PM11/7/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Hi list, I want to change #application.config.general.sitetitle#
but I can't find it in the admin-section/webtop.
Any ideas ?
Uwe

Matthew Williams

Nov 7, 2011, 12:51:46 PM11/7/11
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Admin tab, choose edit config. Then select "general config", and the
site title/tag line are found here.

--
Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX

Uwe Degenhardt

Nov 7, 2011, 5:51:23 PM11/7/11
to Matthew Williams
I didn't have the admin-tab.
That is the reason I didn't find it, but this
gave me the right track, since I wasn't authenticated
as admin. ;-)
Thanks Matthew !

Uwe
--