reserved words

Ark. Rost

Sep 30, 2010, 8:57:19 AM9/30/10
to The Fancy Programming Language
Hi!
Tell me please where I can find a list of reserved character sequences
in fancy language?

Regards,
Ark.Rost

Nils Haldenwang

Sep 30, 2010, 8:59:03 AM9/30/10
to fancy...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

yeah, well, the best i could find was this:

http://github.com/bakkdoor/fancy/blob/master/src/parser/fancy.lex

If thats not okay for you, we should wait for bakkdoor to answer this.

Regards,
Nils

Ark. Rost

Sep 30, 2010, 9:25:05 AM9/30/10
to The Fancy Programming Language
I'm interested in it because I want to know how parenthesis, comma,
colon and etc are implemented. In message-based language it's easy to
make them simple messages, but as I know in other languages they are
reserved to make a parser not so complicated.
Thanks for your answer, I'll try to understand how it's working.

P.s. Sorry for my bad English.

Christopher Bertels

Sep 30, 2010, 1:21:27 PM9/30/10
to fancy-lang
Hi Ark,

- (6 quoted lines)
Excerpts from Ark. Rost's message of Do Sep 30 15:25:05 +0200 2010:

In Fancy they're part of a special syntax. But you're right you
_could_ implement them as messages but that would not give you much
benefit imho, except for some rare cases maybe. Also, it
overcomplicates the parser alot. Afaik, even Smalltalk had "(" and ")"
as part of the syntax for groupings and not as message sends.

> P.s. Sorry for my bad English.

No Problem, it's quite alright in fact ;)

Cheers,
Christopher.
--
Christopher Bertels