Facility Registry Meeting - March 23

Scott Teesdale

Mar 23, 2017, 9:29:00 AM3/23/17
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hi All,

We have a facility registry community call scheduled for today (March 23) at 11am ET or 6pm EAT.  A few potential topics to discuss include:
  • GIS and Facility Registry Updates from the Recent AeHIN - Digital Health Asia Pacific Meeting
  • Facility Registries and Open Data Initiatives like OSM, HDX, etc.
  • Site-level Planning and Facility Registries
  • Discuss: How to Support Multiple Facility IDs
  • AOB - Bring your own updates / topics - we will prioritize based off of who can join the call.
We hope you are able to join, please see the linked details to access our notes and the google hangout for the meeting (link).

Best,
Scott

Carl Leitner

Mar 23, 2017, 9:49:00 AM3/23/17
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

Sorry that I will be unable to join.  Where there be notes/call recording sent out so I can catch up later?

A quick note: One thing that may be useful for the multiple facility IDs is to look at how it’s represented in various standards (HL7 FHIR, HPD, (m)CSD, and OMG’s SrvD).  These standards generally have the following data fields:
  • value of the identifier (usually free text, required)
  • An “assigning authority” which indicates the organization or system that provided the identifier.  I have seen these be URL’s, OIDs, URNs, UUIDs as well as codes.  The system / organization data information is sometimes separated out into distinct fields.  (free text, required)
  • Identifier type (coded value, optional)

Here is a link the to “Identifier” data model that HL7 FHIR uses for multiple resources (client, health worker, organization, etc)

Cheers,
-carl

Scott Teesdale

Mar 23, 2017, 10:40:21 AM3/23/17
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
HI Carl,

Thanks for the links and background detail.

Notes can be found at the link to the event shared in this thread and at the OpenHIE wiki under 2017 Facility Registry Meetings (https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/2017+FR+Community+Meetings

Best,
Scott

Scott Teesdale