HEALTH FACILITIES' INFORMATION ON A MOBILE APPLICATION

hospita...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 8:20:24 AM2/20/18
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Dear Team,

Kindly find the link below which opens up to a mobile application that provides information about Health Facilities in Tanzania. Such information as the name,location,ownership of the facility, services provided,the costs of each services provide and the Health Insurance schemes accepted at the facility.
Currently the information is available only for facilities in three districts (Ilala, Kyela and Mbeya City).
We are looking for partners/supporters who are interested in our work so that we scale up the Application and include the data from all regions and districts within the country. If you are that person/organization, kindly email me.
Also, questions and comments about our application and or work are welcome!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katebasoft.afyataarifa

Scott Teesdale

Feb 21, 2018, 3:53:46 PM2/21/18
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hi - Thanks for sharing!  Let me dig out my android phone next week and give this a test drive. Looking forward to getting you on the schedule for an upcoming presentation.  Ill follow up directly to confirm an exact date.

What would be required to scale up access for the whole country?  Could you just pull in the full MFR  for TZ or are there other activities that would be required?

- Scott

--
Scott Teesdale
Program Manager - InSTEDD

Hospital Info

Feb 21, 2018, 11:58:03 PM2/21/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your e-mail, i am looking forward to having the schedule and do the presentation about our work.

The major activities that are needed for scaling up throughout the country includes:
1.Pulling up the facilities' list from the Master Facility Registry for Tanzania as you have said and enter it in our data base.
2.Data entry for such information as description of the service and a short description of the facilities (especially for hospitals, and health centers).
-Visiting the major facilities (hospitals,health centers) so as to obtain the information not available at the master facilities registry such as the costs of the services,health insurance accepted, staff number,bed capacity. As we also include this information and its a very crucial information which at the moment is not available unless you visit the facility.
4.Community sensitization and advert campaigns in social medias about the presence of our work for demand creation.

Thank you once again,

Dr. Jackson Ilangali, M.D.
Hospital Info Team Leader,
Mob:+255754327452
E-mail:hospita...@gmail.com

Hospital Info

Feb 23, 2018, 3:42:04 AM2/23/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Hello Scott, and everyone,
Attached are the screenshots taken from the Application

Dr. Jackson Ilangali, M.D.
Hospital Info Team Leader,
Mob:+255754327452
E-mail:hospita...@gmail.com
[...]