Deletion business and technical processes

Shivers, Jennifer Ellen

May 16, 2018, 10:44:16 AM5/16/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com, Fekadu Wannaw, Cox, Michelle Louise
Hello all,
I am working on a project where we will be setting up a facility exchange between a MFR using ResourceMap (source) and DHIS2 (receiver).  We will be looking at ways to handle various business cases and we know that if a facility has data in DHIS2, it cannot be deleted.  Has anyone worked on a project where you have worked through business and technical processes for managing the exchange when a deletion occurs in the source?
If so, we would love to hear your thoughts and options for this use case.
Thanks!
Jennifer

Jennifer Shivers  |  Senior Integration Architect  Senior Business Analyst
Tel 317-797-1200 | Skype jennifer.shivers

1101 West Tenth Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Web and email addresses, and phone numbers will remain the same.
Twitter: @Regenstrief  |  Facebook.com/regenstriefinstitute

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Olusesan Makinde

May 17, 2018, 4:34:33 AM5/17/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com, Fekadu Wannaw, Cox, Michelle Louise

Hi Jennifer,

I have been a contributor to the design of the Nigeria Health Facility Registry which is yet to be publicly available. However, such use cases have been identified and discussed in our documentation process.

Firstly, you need to identify why does a health facility need to be deleted from the source? Was it created in error in the first place or did it close? We identified the need for appropriate approval processes before any deletion can occur and the only reason a facility should be permitted to be deleted is if it was created in error in the first instance or has a duplicated record. In that situation, there should be no data in the other affiliated systems and if there were because it was a duplicate, a process should include merging the records with the other duplicate facility, albeit ensuring no double counting is introduced in the process.

In a situation where the facility closed, our suggested process was to change the status of the facility to “Closed” in the source with a date when this was achieved. In so doing, we could ensure that the health facility thereafter does not contribute to the statistics or number that are requested from the source based on the current active date. Should a query by the date when the facility was still active be required, then the system can be configured to provide the feedback based on those specific dates.

Hope this helps.

Olusesan Makinde

Viable Knowledge Masters

Plot C114, (Platinum Plaza)

First Avenue, Gwarimpa

Abuja, Nigeria.

Email: Maki...@viableknowledgemasters.com

Website: www.viableknowledgemasters.com

Twitter: @sesmak Skype: sesmak Description: Description: Description: orcid_16x16(1)

“I know Africa has the capacity and the capability to solve most of her problems, but Africa will not enable her human resources to perform effectively and efficiently. African leaders have little or no respect for their experts and would rather act on advice from external sources. – Prof. Oyewale Tomori, Former President, Nigerian Academy of Science

Learn more about my work in Health Information Systems Strengthening in Nigeria from my research contributions below.

  1. Makinde OA, Azeez A, Bamidele S, Oyemakinde A, Oyediran KA, Adebayo W, Fapohunda B, Abioye A, Mullen S. Development of a master health facility list in Nigeria. Online J Public Health Inform. 2014 Oct;6(2). Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4235326/
  2. Makinde OA, Mami MI, Oweghoro BM, Oyediran KA, Mullen S. Investing in health information management The right people, in the right place, at the right time. Health Inf Manag J [Internet]. 2016 Aug 1;45(2):90–6. Available from: http://him.sagepub.com/content/45/2/90
  3. Makinde OA, Azeez A, Adebayo W. Potential use cases for the development of an electronic health facility registry in Nigeria: Key informant’s perspectives. Online J Public Health Inform [Internet]. 2016 Aug 15 [cited 2016 Sep 16];8(2). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5266756/
  4. Makinde OA., Olapeju B, Ogbuoji O, Babalola S. Trends in the completeness of birth registration in Nigeria: 2002-2010. Demogr Res [Internet]. 2016 Aug 17;35(12):315–38. Available from: http://www.demographic-research.org/volumes/vol35/12/
  5. Makinde OA, Odimegwu CO, OlaOlorun FM. A unique opportunity to use football to improve birth registration awareness and completeness in Nigeria. Br J Sports Med [Internet]. 2017 Apr 27 [cited 2017 Apr 29];bjsports-2016-097404. Available from: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/04/27/bjsports-2016-097404

image001.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.png