ninja

Thiago Farina

Jun 25, 2012, 9:55:15 AM6/25/12
to faceboo...@googlegroups.com
Does Facebook considered using a combination of gyp + ninja before choosing to go with autotools + make?

Tudor Bosman

Jun 25, 2012, 10:44:38 AM6/25/12
to faceboo...@googlegroups.com
No, but we're not very happy with autotools, so we might change at some point.  (We have a different build system internally, we only build the autotools stuff for the public release)

-Tudor.

Peter Kümmel

Jun 25, 2012, 10:52:51 AM6/25/12
to faceboo...@googlegroups.com
Is there a chance you add files for CMake?
Then I could create CMake support which
for instance checks the compiler version,
checks for 32/64 bit, automatically downloads
gtest and double-conversion, ...

Peter

On 25.06.2012 16:44, Tudor Bosman wrote:
> No, but we're not very happy with autotools, so we might change at some point. (We have a different build system
> internally, we only build the autotools stuff for the public release)
>
> -Tudor.
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Thiago Farina <tfa...@chromium.org <mailto:tfa...@chromium.org>> wrote:
>
> Does Facebook considered using a combination of gyp + ninja before choosing to go with autotools + make?
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gyp/
> http://github.com/martine/ninja
>
> --

Thiago Farina

Jun 25, 2012, 11:09:38 AM6/25/12

On Monday, June 25, 2012, Peter Kümmel wrote:
Is there a chance you add files for CMake?
That would be great, because CMake can generate ninja files?!

--
Thiago