Re: [ewing-assn] Update on Ewing Chiefship

Eric Ewing

Mar 4, 2012, 11:49:45 AM3/4/12
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com, Thor Ewing
Too cool. For those of us not keeping a close eye on the inner machinations of the Lord Lyon's Office, I personally appreciate the heads up. So, this means that we may finally have a tartan, flag, etc. recognized by those snotty other clans folks at the Scottish days, games, gatherings here in the US and globally?

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. HDT

Eric F. Ewing
Descendant of James Ewing of Inch, by blood.

On Fri 03/02/12 7:39 AM , Thor Ewing thor.au...@googlemail.com sent:
On Monday, the Lord Lyon published the following notice on the website of Lyon Court about the appointment of a chief to the clan (http://www.lyon-court.com/lordlyon/756.html):

NOTICE OF INTENT – FAMILY CONVENTION – CLAN EWEN

It has been proposed by the Clan Ewen Society, the Ewing Family Association and various individuals of the name that a Family Convention for those of the name, broadly defined, should be convened with a view to the recognition of a Commander. In accordance with the Guidelines already posted regarding the holding of a Derbhfine or Family Convention the Lord Lyon intends to appoint a Supervising Officer in the near future.

David Sellar

Lyon

27th February 2012

Somewhat ponderously perhaps, things are moving forward!

Best wishes,
Thor

Martin Ewing

Mar 4, 2012, 2:57:34 PM3/4/12
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com
Dear Eric and cousins,

If we are to be a Clan, let's hope it won't be a "snotty" one!

Martin Ewing

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:49:45 AM UTC-5, Eric Frost Ewing wrote:
[...]

Eric Ewing

Mar 5, 2012, 9:56:15 AM3/5/12
to ewingfamily...@googlegroups.com, Martin Ewing
Martin,

I sent you an out o group message in hopes of explaining my off-hand and (intended to be) humorous message. It is my hope, forever and all time, that our clan would be known as the "cool" clan. Nothing but the best for us!

AUDACITER!!!

Eric

On Sun 03/04/12 2:57 PM , Martin Ewing martin....@gmail.com sent:

ewingfamilyassoci...@googlegroups.com