Craig's Post-Boltzmann Cosmology

Craig Weinberg

Jun 26, 2012, 10:05:37 PM6/26/12
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
I have an idea which reconfigures the concepts of Boltzmann’s entropy curve as follows:

Background: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2006/08/01/boltzmanns-anthropic-brain/

Boltzmann’s  idea, as I understand it, is to explain Loschmidt’s Paradox, which  (also as I understand it) is basically “If the universe is always  increasing from low entropy to high entropy, then where did the initial  low entropy come from?”

Boltzmann’s hypothesis places the low  entropy we know as the Big Bang as just one of many statistically  inevitable fluctuations of entropy distribution. It’s a bubble or wave  of non-disorder that we find ourselves in anthropically (because such a  bubble is the only context that a low entropy phenomenon like human  minds could evolve within). Other possibilities include a Big Crunch  type negentropy that accounts for the entropy trough that must precede  any entropy rise.

What I suggest is a bottomless low entropy,  such that the one event in which any negentropy at all occurs would  automatically be the singularity into which all subsequent fluctuations  would be swept. Sort of like a black hole for negentropy, hogging all  possible signals for all time, banishing any rival Multiverse  possibility to perpetual delay.

What  this does is place Boltzmann himself, his statistical rules, and their  physical enactments all within the anthropic condition in which they are  possible. Statistical rules, and their underlying sense of possibility,  probability, events, succession, recursion, regularity, comparison,  persistence, etc can only be universal if every part of the universe  makes some kind of sense - i.e. has some piece of this infinite  negentropy.

Entropy then becomes a property like velocity,  (which ranges from stillness to c), a fraction of a totality rather than  an open ended scalar quantity. Entropy is a relative measure which has  meaning only in relation to significance, such that anything less than  100% entropy has some quantity of absolute significance  (Totality-Singularity = 0.000…1% entropy)

This way, the Big  Bang becomes a perpetually receding event horizon of absolute and  eternal negentropy - a Borg-like ‘bright whole’ which tyrannically  absorbs and subordinates all potentials and possibilities into a single  continuum-schema. This continuum must accommodate all paradoxes which  amounts to a lot of fancy plate spinning and superposition, using  devices like nesting outer and inner realism within each other on  multiple interrelated yet mutually isolated layers or castes. These  devices accomplish what I call the Big Diffraction.