$all ... stream does not exist?

Marcel van den Brink

Apr 7, 2015, 10:37:18 AM4/7/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
We have a cluster (3.0.3) running in  out test environment on which developers do all kinds of things like emptying it, upgrade it, create users and so on and so forth. And since recently I noticed an error... when going to the $all stream (when logged in as the admin user), I get a "stream does not exist" message in the web UI. But it is quite erratic, since sometimes it shows a list of events, and then show the error while very often is only shows the error.

Any idea what might be causing this?
How can I find out what stream it is looking for?

Cheers,
-- Marcel

Greg Young

Apr 7, 2015, 10:38:06 AM4/7/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
Difference between $all and %24all maybe?
> --

Studying for the Turing test

Greg Young

Apr 7, 2015, 10:38:26 AM4/7/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
If you can send us say a curl output etc that would help

Marcel van den Brink

Apr 7, 2015, 10:43:37 AM4/7/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
Strange thing is, that when using curl I cannot remember seeing this issue.

Could it be caused by caching? I did try different browsers, with similar results....

Greg Young

Apr 7, 2015, 11:00:17 AM4/7/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
Not sure how a 404 would be cached.

I would need to see a reproduction (or a curl output) to say more about it

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Marcel van den Brink

Marcel van den Brink

Apr 8, 2015, 2:55:59 AM4/8/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
Getting the $all stream using curl does not give any error (tried it this morning). In the web UI I do get an error... and now I know a bit more about it!!!

I am accessing the ES cluster by its name and in the developer console of the browser I see that it does a request to a specific machine. And that one is telling me I am not authorized.

Initial request:
GET /streams/%24all?embed=tryharder HTTP/1.1
Host: esc-dev.mydomain.com:2113
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Accept: application/json

Response:
HTTP/1.1 307 Temporary Redirect
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: POST, DELETE, GET, GET, OPTIONS
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Content-Type, X-Requested-With, X-PINGOTHER, Authorization, ES-LongPoll, ES-ExpectedVersion, ES-EventId, ES-EventType, ES-RequiresMaster, ES-HardDelete, ES-ResolveLinkTo, ES-ExpectedVersion
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Location, ES-Position
Location: http://10.3.0.36:2113/streams/%24all?embed=tryharder
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 06:43:54 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=15,max=97

Second request (caused by the temporary redirect response):
GET /streams/%24all?embed=tryharder HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.3.0.36:2113
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Accept: application/json
Origin: http://esc-dev.mydomain.com:2113

Response:
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: POST, DELETE, GET, GET, OPTIONS
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Content-Type, X-Requested-With, X-PINGOTHER, Authorization, ES-LongPoll, ES-ExpectedVersion, ES-EventId, ES-EventType, ES-RequiresMaster, ES-HardDelete, ES-ResolveLinkTo, ES-ExpectedVersion
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Location, ES-Position
WWW
-Authenticate: Basic realm="ES"
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 06:43:54 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=15,max=100

I guess this is also causing the popups being displayed (as I mentioned in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/event-store/NUEaRW5fsZI).

Now to figure out why this is happening and how to solve it.

-- Marcel

Greg Young

Apr 8, 2015, 5:50:49 AM4/8/15
to event...@googlegroups.com
What is your config?

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Marcel van den Brink