A database of player attributes in character.py file

Raghav Somani

Sep 2, 2014, 7:48:11 AM9/2/14
to eve...@googlegroups.com
How do I get the attribute database of all the players who have ever played on my server?? I need to get all the scores of the players after the event to rank them all.

Griatch Art

Sep 2, 2014, 8:01:22 AM9/2/14
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I'm not fully sure what you are asking. Are you looking to retrieve a specific Attribute value for all players ever played in your game?

If so, you need to get a list of all players and then their scores, something like

from ev import managers
players = managers.players.all()
scores = [player.db.score for player in players]

.
Griatch

Raghav Somani

Sep 3, 2014, 4:42:00 PM9/3/14
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I tried this but I am not able to access the character attributes through this.
The attributes are in player, not in *player
I can see the attributes wen i use @ex player but not when i use @ex *player

Griatch Art

Sep 4, 2014, 2:14:49 AM9/4/14
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to do nor really what you are having trouble with. Which commands are you trying and for what are you using player/*player?

There might be a confusion as to what a Character and what a Player is here but with this little information it is impossible to know what the problem is. My snippet from the earlier post was for how to find attributes on Players (since that is what you were asking for). Yet you say your attributes are on Characters. If you want to get things on the Character level you could do the same thing but looking at the Object manager instead, maybe limit the search by typeclass. And if you have a (puppeted) Character you can get to the Player via the character's .player property.
.
Griatch