Editing autocomplete demo with Orion and Scripted's Content Assist

Ariya Hidayat

Mar 10, 2013, 1:24:47 PM3/10/13
to esp...@googlegroups.com
Recently Orion/Scripted becomes my favorite JavaScript editing tool. I
have created a simple editing autocomplete demo at
http://esprima.org/demo/autocomplete.html which uses Orion editing
widget and the Content Assist module from Scripted.

Beside demonstrating the static code analysis and JSDoc feature, I am
thinking of using that demo as a playground for further
incomplete/tolerant parsing experiments, possible as a starting point
to merge such functionalities already implemented in Scripted.
Obviously, with another project such as Thaddee's Aulx
(http://espadrine.github.com/aulx/), it would be interesting to hook
various different autocompletion engines into the same editor.

Andy (or someone else from Scripted/Orion camp), I need to slightly
tweak Content Assist plugin to make it work with the example. If you
are interested in, feel free to see the details in
https://code.google.com/p/esprima/issues/detail?id=400. Help is always
welcomed :)

Feedback is appreciated!

Thank you.

Best regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat, http://ariya.ofilabs.com
http://twitter.com/ariyahidayat

Ken Walker

Mar 11, 2013, 12:09:41 PM3/11/13
to esp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the post Ariya, I've pointed a few people on the team to your issue 400.

Andrew Eisenberg

Mar 11, 2013, 2:21:34 PM3/11/13
to esp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ariya,

Very cool stuff.  Thanks for getting it out there.  The issue 400 is coming about because the scripted code base and the oriion code base have diverged a bit.  It looks like you are using the esprimaJsContentAssist.js from scripted and contentAssist.js from orion.  It shouldn't be too hard to bring them back into alignment.  I'll comment on the issue when I have a deeper look.