Accounts Balances not correct after cancelling Journal Entry then Amend it.

HF

Sep 12, 2012, 8:56:46 AM9/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
After a user canceled a Journal Entry we found that balances are not corrected.
The user first made a journal entry then submit it then he canceled the document then Amend it then canceled the amended document and after all that we found that the Account Group balance is not correct under which this account is a child.

Nabin Hait

Sep 13, 2012, 12:55:35 AM9/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi HF,

Please check after reposting account balance for the current financial year.

You can do it from Accounts --> Fiscal Year --> Repost Balance, select company before reposting.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM, HF <h.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
After a user canceled a Journal Entry we found that balances are not corrected.
The user first made a journal entry then submit it then he canceled the document then Amend it then canceled the amended document and after all that we found that the Account Group balance is not correct under which this account is a child.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

HF

Sep 13, 2012, 8:33:36 AM9/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabin;

I found the problem, it was because we have made changes to the chart of accounts and changed a ledger account to group then put some accounts under this group so the tree did not update correctly (tabAccount.lft , tabAccount.rgt) I found there are mistakes in those fields for the changed Account.

Please advice and tell me how to re-organize the tree ?

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 13, 2012, 1:54:31 PM9/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi HF,

We will push an update to this with a button to rebuild indexes (lft, rgt) of the Chart of Accounts.

- Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

Nabin Hait

Sep 14, 2012, 1:12:53 AM9/14/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi HF,

Pull latest update from master branch and repost account balances from fiscal year.

Now it will rebuild account tree (lft, rgt) before reposting balances.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

HF

Sep 16, 2012, 3:44:02 AM9/16/12