Deprecating old style reports

Nabin Hait

Apr 22, 2013, 3:09:11 AM4/22/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

We are planning to deprecate the old style report using Search Criteria, as it is very difficult to support different kinds of reporting tool. Also, the new reporting tool using Report Builder, Query Report and Script Report, are far better than old reports.

We have a plan to deprecate that from 15th May, 2013. So, we request all who have created custom reports using old reporting tool, to migrate into new reports.

New reports can be made from Toolbar --> Report or Toolbar --> New --> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

We are working on shifting all old style reports to new style. We are hoping to finish the task by the end of the month.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Govardhan Hazare

Apr 23, 2013, 7:10:15 AM4/23/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nabin for updates..

Aditya Duggal

May 10, 2013, 11:04:06 AM5/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nabin,

There are 2 reports in the Old style reports that we are currently using and don't have the expertise to make the same, the reports are related to BANK CLEARANCE and BANK RECONCILIATION.

I would request you to either don't removed old style reports or convert them to the newer reports.

Nabin Hait

May 10, 2013, 11:36:55 AM5/10/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Those two reports are already migrated into new style, please check into reports section in accounts module home page. If you made any customization please replicate that in new style as well.